hi!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My fiance Josh has epilepsy. The past year 1/2 we have known each other is my first experience with epilepsy. I have only witnessed him have two seizures, so is still pretty scary for me. I found this forum while looking for information on epilepsy and over the counter drug interaction. I thought it would be good for me to have additional resources on how other people cope with epilepsy. Also seems like a good way for me to learn additional information. We went to an epilepsy conference a few months ago, but I want to learn as much as possible.

Hi Heathercorn

It's great to have you here. You will find lots of information here from everyone. If you have a question, just ask and someone will have the answer or a place to find the answer. There are quite a few good resources for Epilepsy. If you have a local Epilepsy Foundation chapter, they can be very helpful also. I have learned more about Epilepsy in the last year from forums and other websites.

Hi there!

Since you want to learn.....and that is GREAT, you really NEED TO, I'm giving you a list of sites. I'm not allowed to post actual links yet (gotta follow the rules...:pfft::ponder:...j/k Bernard hehe) I did some cutting before I put these on here. You can cut & paste them into your browser, tho. My personal mantra is KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, especially when it comes to ep.

Welcome to CWE, and we hope to see you around more!

epilepsy.com

epilepsybillofrights.com/index.jsp

healingwell.com/library/epilepsy/info1.asp

epinet.org.au/epinet2003/info

naec-epilepsy.org

healingwell.com/epilepsy

ninds.nih.gov/disorders/epilepsy/epilepsy.htm

epilepsy.org.uk

nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/epilepsy.html

epilepsynse.org.uk/pages/info/leaflets/index.cfm

emedicine.com/neuro/topic687.htm

medscape.com

epilepsyfoundation.org

epilepsy.com

webmd.com

med.nyu.edu/faces

epilepsia.com

my.epilepsy.com

coping-with-epilepsy.com (OF COURSE!)

Good luck, and take care!

Meetz

Last edited:
Hi heathercorn, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Nice to see another member from Austin. :)

Make yourself at home here and feel free to ask questions. We'll try to help!

Hi Heather,
Welcome to CWE! I also care for someone else with a seizure disorder. My daughter Rebecca is 16, and yes I might say, it is scary. More so for the onlookers.
I hope you find some useful information here. I know I have.

Welcome Heather

What a wonderful lady you are! Your fiance is very lucky to have someone who care enough to seek support and answers! KUDOS to you!:clap:

thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys. And Meetz1064 thanks for the info, looks like I will have lots to keep me busy.

Oopsie Daisie!

:hello: Heather!

Shame on me! I thought I had
posted a HI to you after fixing
some of Meetz links!

::: blush :::

You may whack me:

:bondage:

Welcome to CWE!

heather

you're welcome..........i've never posted links here before....so i've got to get used to certain rules here, which is fine, i've no problem with that. there is one site that didn't work, so i went back, and took it out.

like i said before, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER when it comes to ep. feel free to ask, vent, whatever. we'll be here.

I'm off to work at the Hellie Deli right now. Make a great day!:pfft::noevil::roflmao::bigsmile:

New too...

hi Heather!

My husband married me without ever seeing me go through a seizure. After we got married, I started having them more frequently. I know they scare the bjeezus out of him. I have grand mals. I've seen others have grand mals, so I know they aren't pretty. :) All I can suggest is, have a sense of humor. I know, sounds like weird advice. But I always felt really guilty when my mom would get me after I had a seizure because of how she reacted. My dad, on the other hand, joked about it, which made me feel more able to relax. Also, keep track of what the seizures are like. My hubby has said that my last 3 are not like the ones I had before....not as violent. So I'll have to take that info to the neurologist. Anyway, just remember, have a good sense of humor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom