Hi

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtacoman

New
Reaction score
I'm 22 i do comedy and video production. I was diagnosed with epilepsy when i was 3 at the same time they had to put in a shunt to drain a syst from the left side of my brain. at the time the procedure was experiment in the treatment of what i had the other option would have been to remove it which would have left me retaded. i deal with alot of depression and anxiety and i don't know if it is because of the epilepsy. i haven't seen a nuero in years. they believe i developed the syst due to drugs the doctor gave my mom when she was pregnant. i don't even know if the epilepsy has to do with the syst. i don't know much about my condition because i haven't seen a nuero since i was a minor.

Hi :D djtacoman ... It's nice to meet you ... I wish it were over a nicer subject than epilepsy.
And I wish you would go see a neuro too even if it's none of my business. :wink:
Do you have seizures? Do you take any medications? A good neuro could sure help take care of your depression, anxiety and other problems. There are lots of new drugs too that might help with any seizures.
If your problems are caused by the cyst (?) there's always the chance that some new way has evolved to treat that.
Anyhow -- come back here often and let us know how you're doing, OK?
(((hugs))) for djtacoman

Welcome djtacoman
I agree with Nancy. The best thing would be SEE A DOCTOR! Medical science has changed a LOT since you were a toddler. Make an appointment and be honest about how you feel.

Hi dj, welcome to the forum! :hello:

There is a lot of information on the internet about epilepsy and the different drugs that are used to treat it, but you would best be served by seeing a doctor as already mentioned above.

Some epilepsy drugs can cause depression and anxiety. A neuro/epileptologist should be able to get a blood test to see how much of whatever you are taking is metabolizing into the blood stream.

In any event, you are most welcome to read around in here and ask questions as you like. We are all here to help each other as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom