Holy cow, I did not expect that one

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
On Friday, I was invited to a bushfire appeal charity ice hockey match involving Sydney's two elite ice hockey sides, the Sydney Ice Dogs, and the Sydney Bears. As I'm part of the Adelaide Adrenaline, another team in this league, I was just happy to watch. During the game I noticed something that caught my attention, one of the Ice Dogs players was a former professional rugby league player who played at the same junior club as me and had to stop playing for the same reason, a neck injury. I couldn't believe the odds that something like that actually could happen.

Did you get a chance to say hello after the match?

I've traveled to distant lands (for work contracts) and met people who grew up practically as neighbors. It's truly amazing how small the world can be at times.

Back
Top Bottom