Hospital did it again when I went down in a sz

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I was at my neuros hospital early and thought I'd get some lunch and I started having the feeling I was going to seize and seize I did.
I was next to a Doc who was eating he ask me if I was alright and I said I was going to have a seizure; and seize I did as they went through my purse with security present. I did ask later why they over react when someone has a sz basically they said so they don't get sued.

See, that is exactly what terrifies me about work! And I had a partial tonight just before it got busy.

Are you ok?

sorry to hear.

said to hear they are going threw your things.

hope your better now

GL

I did ask later why they over react when someone has a seizure basically they said so they don't get sued.
It sucks, but it does make sense, since there are so many things that can cause a seizure (including an allergic reaction).

I hope you feel better soon.

Calling Professional Help

This is something that you will see at most schools or any other public or private businesses. They call for the EMTs to cover themselves. They feel that if they turn your problem over to the EMTs they have taken the steps that they need to do to NOT get sued!
Many times this results in the people at that place not having any type of training other than 'Call the Ambulance'.
They feel that this is what they need, but they need to have more training for their people if they want people to really feel comfortable there.

ACsHuman:agree:

Hi Belinda,
I'm sorry to hear that you had a sz. while eating. I have seen a pattern with my sz. that if I eat anything to hot or cold early in the morning it will trigger sz. for me. Also I have to stay away from anything with NutraSweet in it or I will have a sz. in no time.
Personally I think more people in this world need to learn about epilepsy. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom