Hospital visit

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
On Thursday morning I took a seizure and was taken to hospital where I spent most of the day. I have no memory of it but the nurses at the hospital were telling my parents & myself that at around 10:00 am someone saw me take the seizure down the street & rang the ambulance who took me to hospital.

I was going to help at one of the local nursing homes on Thursday morning and I didn't worry about taking anything with me but my keys.

I can't remember what happened from 8:50 am when I left to go to the nursing home to 12:10 pm which is when I woke up at the hospital. I was in hospital until about 3:00 pm.

All the staff at the hospital told me what a good idea the medic alert bracelets are. The nurse looking after me said it was a good thing I had my medic alert bracelet on because they were able to ring the medic alert assoc to get my parents contact number.

The Dr looking after me contacted my neurologist and my neurologist has increased my topamax. I have to go see my neurologist on 26 February.

Sorry to hear about the seizure CQ. :( But at least you got help quickly and the hospital staff were able to get ahold of your parents. I just ordered a new medical alert bracelet the other day. I can't wait till it gets here. Currently I wear a pharmacy grade necklace that just says epilepsy on it. My new bracelet has an insert that I'll be able to put all my contact info, meds, and medical conditions on. :) Yay! Maybe I should get one for my hubby too....he has LOTS of food allergies. :)

Thanks Skillefer

My medic alert bracelet has a card that comes with it which says my personal details, parents details, neuros details & what meds I'm on. I usualy keep the card in my purse though & had my purse at home that day.

I might have to start taking my i.d with me when I go to the nursing home from now on because it seems you just never know when you're going to have a seizure.

So sorry!

So sorry to hear you had a seizure
:(

But glad to hear that you had your
Medic-Alert ID on you!

Hope you feel better soon!

hugs.gif

I'm feeling alot better now thanks Brain.

On Thursday after I woke up I had a huge headache which lasted the whole day & I wasn't very hungry all day so barely ate the whole day. I'm not sure how long it was until I was talking normaly or knew who I was.

Yesterday I had a smaller headache & still wasn't too hungry.

Today I was alot better & almost back to my normal self LOL.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your seizure/trip to the ER, but very glad they actually found and read your bracelet!

For those of you reading who do not have one, there is some good info in this thread:

Medic Alert Bracelets - Do you wear one?

57194073.gif

I replied to this last night and the dang post went to live in cyberland.......

Anyway.....

Ditto on what the other's have said. And Mr. B's link is a good one to follow.

Those post-ictal migrains are horrible! I would take Midrin and that helped tremendously.

SSDD*

*same shit different day

Bummer deal, CQ

Sorry to hear about the seizure, but I'm glad to hear you're doing better now.

Good thing for the MedicAlert bracelet......I'm so glad it was useful for ya.

Take care, and get well, soon!

Meetz

I went and saw the neurologist today to let him know how I am going since the seizure that I took on Feb 14. When I was in the hospital on the 14 feb the dr who was looking after me had contacted my neuro for advice on what he wanted to do about my meds & the neurologist had said to increase my Topamax to 200mg in the am & 200mg in the pm.

When I saw the neurologist Today he asked me how the new doseage was going & I said it's going good. The neurologist wants to keep me on that doseage of Topamax & my current doseage of Tegretol which is 400mg in the am & 400mg in the pm. If I am still having seizures then I need to let the neurologist know and he is going to look at putting on keppra.

The neurologist wants me to go have a MRI. I have booked the MRI for March 25th.

Well hopefully you can keep the same path and get things under control.

Sorry to hear about the seizure. Hopefully the new AED regimen works out for you.

Take care of yourself CQ and best of luck with your MRI. We need you feeling good to keep the rest of us laughing.
:e:

Back
Top Bottom