How did you pick your forum name?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Clovis

Stalwart
Reaction score
I like to know how people picked their forum name. Kind of a fun way to get to know people.

I collect Indian artifacts, mostly arrowheads, and the Clovis is my favorite kind. I also think it is just a pretty female name. My female Auusie/Lab mix is named Clovis too.

So, how did you pick yours?

If you sound my name out you get a sense of why I picked it. :)
(Hint: Think boxing, or maybe bowling. With a New England accent).

I'd usually pick an Irish name (Usually Labhaoise or Aisling-Abhainn) on forums and for gaming but felt like i wanted to be more myself on here. My name is Louise, i get called Loopy Lou a lot, so i just went with that lol

I’ll admit I often get a little confused but joke about it
The cq is for Confusion Queen and as it was too short I couldn’t think of anything when I created it I put the :) to create 😊

I collect pigs everything from cookie jars to pig pot holder that's how I got the name Porkette. I also like
to use the ham radio for fun and communications. If I still had all the pigs I would have over 1100 pigs sitting around the house.
Always remember is someone calls you a pig to say thank you because pig stands for P- pretty I- intelligent G- Guy/ Girl.
Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thank you for all the replies. Those are some cute and creative ways to pick a name.

And Army Vet thank you for your service. Our son is in the Army. Has been to Afghanistan twice and S. Korea twice. May be getting deployed again this winter or spring just don't know where to yet.

Mine is just my real life nickname. Basically everyone calls me Pingu because I worked with Fairy Penguins for 11 years.

My avatar, is how one of my friends depicted me if I was actually a penguin. The 34 on the sleeve is my actual hockey jersey number and my custom Pittsburgh Penguins jersey I own

1572262859.pingu2095_20191028_220946.jpg
It's a running theme through my jerseys. The far right one was a present from the Adelaide Adrenaline ice hockey club.

Hi Clovis,

I appreciate the appreciation. After hearing horror stories from my dad (coming home from Nam), I don't take the kind words for granted. Thank your son for his service as well. Tell him I ORDERED him to come home safely 😏😉

Has he ever told you about or showed you a camel spider? That's a picture of one there as my user picture 😁

The leg span there is about, oh, I dunno 🤔, about 9 inches with the main body being about an inch thick 😏😉

Hi Clovis,

I appreciate the appreciation. After hearing horror stories from my dad (coming home from Nam), I don't take the kind words for granted. Thank your son for his service as well. Tell him I ORDERED him to come home safely 😏😉

Has he ever told you about or showed you a camel spider? That's a picture of one there as my user picture 😁

The leg span there is about, oh, I dunno 🤔, about 9 inches with the main body being about an inch thick 😏😉

I will be sure to tell him he has other thanks. I don't think he has ever told us about the camel spider. I will be sure to ask him about it. Lol

He is 30, about 6ft.4in. 180lbs. And had been deployed 4 times. But, he is still afraid of his 5ft. 4in. 120lb. Momma. He wss raised right.

I got mine because of they way I felt at the time, which was Few up and depressed of all the years taking tablets and with epilepsy in general. But what can I do.

I understand about being fed up and having to take so much medication and still having seizures.

Fedup, I have to tell on myself. Every time I see your name, especially with the purple font, I always think "FedEx" for a split second 😳😂

Army Vet

Well if I am honest I might live in Ireland but every time I see your name, I have no idea how you say it in America but you have my admiration and respect as for the "FedEx" part that is the best laugh 😂 and just what I need. Thanks.

Sue is my first name and Bear comes from how I can be in the morning before I get that first cup of coffee :ROFLMAO: Actually, when Mom and I ran the family business we were driving a delivery of mushrooms throughout the tri-state area (NY, NJ, and PA) She was Momma Bear and I was her little bear as she called me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

I go with Truegrit because of my love for all things John Wayne and because of the grit and determination it takes to deal with epilepsy

Sue is my first name and Bear comes from how I can be in the morning before I get that first cup of coffee :ROFLMAO: Actually, when Mom and I ran the family business we were driving a delivery of mushrooms throughout the tri-state area (NY, NJ, and PA) She was Momma Bear and I was her little bear as she called me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

By the time my youngest son was 3 he knew to turn the coffee pot on if he got up before me. Not that I was grouchy or anything, just sayin'.......

Back
Top Bottom