How long after test could surgery happen?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heavy Kevy

Stalwart
Reaction score
I’m sure there are plenty of factors that could go into the decision. But…
After my scheduled Intracranial electrode implantations surgery next month. If the results are positive.
How long could I be waiting for the actual surgery that could improve my life?

I’m having cluster seizures every two weeks. Is it worth trying a different medication approach. We’ve been searching for years for a solution. I believe I’m already on a Very high amount of medication.

HI Heavy Kevy,

It took me a yr. after I had the electrode implantation surgery before I was able to have the main
surgery done which was ultra sound surgery, a right temporal lobectomy. A lot of it will depend on
how fast you recover from the surgery you are going to have now. I had to go through a lot more testing
after the electrode surgery and on top of that both my husband and I had to go through neuropsychological
testing to make sure we could handle things if I went blind or was paralyzed . The main part they did on
my husband was to make sure he could also handle thing emotionally but they had to pinpoint the area
of my speech and what side of the brain I was using for speech as well as my short term memory. I had a wada
test done, spect and pet scan, video e.e.g. , fmri and MRI along with a angiogram and stress test all before the
surgery was done. I had my Dr. admit me so I could have all the test done in a couple of days instead of going
back and forth to the hospital and I also got it in writing from my insurance co. that they would cover all of the
bill. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I keep thinking this is going to be fixed like a car.
Thanks Sue. You gave me a lot to think about. 🙏

Back
Top Bottom