How long does it take you to really recover from a tonic-clonic?

How long does it take you to really recover from a tonic-clonic?

• I don't have t-c's

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • under 30 minutes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • the rest of the day

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • a day

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • a couple days

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • a week or longer

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I never really recover

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I relate. I sometimes think i am all back to normal, get up and walk around rubbing my head, looking around in a daze thinking its all over and not knowing i am still quite out of it 'postictal' in a sense for a while. And some times i do recover much faster than others. I wish i knew why.

mes2350,
I have chewed my tongue into raw hamburger meat so many times it is permanently distorted, though not terribly. There is a section along the side which is distended. I must have bit that sucker HARD! It tends to hang between the back molars on the right side, and I have to be careful not to bite it when talking. The point is; Ain't it great that the mouth and tongue are the fastest healing part of the human body? Broken legs and teeth are another matter.

motorbill66,
Dang! As long as it still functions like a tongue should. [emoji13] The first time it happened I was amazed at how fast (relatively) it healed up!

I had one last weekend early am and I was over it and feeling ok by 9 am. It was one of the best recoveries I can remember

recovery

Man I have always hated that post seizure recovery. The t/c's have always left me with a chewed tongue, and lifesize fear. A kind of mourning period that once again my brain has betrayed me! A week or more to fully recover. Last week I had a partial, the depression is the worst. I still have to go to work, no work no pay...eh. That in and of itself is depressing. Back when I was married I could stay home for a few days. Now its just myself.

The worst tc seizure I had was about 20 months ago. I was unresponsive for 4 days I couldn't taste anything for about 3 weeks only after about 4-5 weeks could I start thinking somewhat straight and another few months to feel able to deal with people again. I also lost appox 12 years of memory that even now I only can remember small bits and those memories are like looking at a photo there is no feelings and a can't tell you when I have no time reference. So you could say I never have recovered from that one. I have had tcs since then one of which I woke up 2 days later strapped to a hospital bed.

Mike that is so bad I did not know that could happen. I would hate to lose my memories. You poor guy.

Mike it took me a couple years to fully recover from one and be me again. It was like the pathways to those memories had to reroute or rebuild. Hopefully in time parts of those 12 years returns.

I still have massive memory loss. I lost about 2 months of my memory. What I lack in quantity I make up in impact.

the day or even a 4hr nap.

My memory is just shitty, i do not lose chunks, but my short term memory is just gone down hill for about 3yrs now.

So i do not have anything lasting, just my tongue will be bit badly, sometimes i go on a bit of a rage when im held down to a stretcher from the paramedics. im 6ft & 205 so then they hit me with verset.

I can relate to most about memory loss. Its frustrating and depressing.

I had the worst tonic clonic seizure ever! about a year ago. It happened at work. I remember nothing. I was told I had an hour long seizure. just crazy.
I came to 48 hours later in the hospital scared and confused. I didn't know where. I couldn't speak to ask how did I get here? what happen and why am I here.
they had put a tube down my throat. painful! when they were removing It. It look me about 2 months to start to feel like myself again.
it was horrible and I don't ever want to feel like that ever again. recovering is the worst of it. I et extreamly depressed.
I thinck on that day and wonder why did that happen? what did I do or not do?

No warnings, no aura

I always begin coming around in the ambulance. I am familiar with many of the EMTs because of my late friend's brittle diabetes. They were at David's house almost daily due to sudden drop of blood sugars. They tell me I had a seizure and I will already be crying and about half hysterical.

I never have just one seizure, I have several and they are violent and long. My tongue is chewed up and I'm confused for hours, yet I have memory right up to the start of the seizure. I'll also spend several days nursing a sore back, neck, jammed fingers, etc etc. I feel a serene calmness for several days

I bug everyone present for weeks to tell me everything that happened. I have no memories in the early post-ictal state but apparently I spend the time apologizing to everyone!

Often about 36 hours a lot comes down to where I am.the aura can be monetary or go on always praying it not the euphoria or panic sz often short duration but head ache go on long time and I find that the worse

6-18hrs.

I typically sign my self out of the hospital and uber home if i do not have a ride.

But thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom