how much of your seizures do you remember?

what percent of a seizure do you remember?

Votes: 4 9.1%

Votes: 3 6.8%

Votes: 5 11.4%

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 5 11.4%

Votes: 4 9.1%

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
I don't know if percentage is an accurate way to ask but

do you get recollections of PREVIOUS seizures after you have a current seizure?

I never remembered what it was like going into a TC until the first time I was able to stop one. Now I know what it’s like to be pulled into a void of suck…. great…..

I've always had tonic-clonics that I know of and never remember much at all. this past one over a day I remembered maybe an hour total.
I should have had a "zero" option in the poll too, which is what I remember of my first few seizures, but they were packages with easier defined start-finishes...
now this last one I had knocked me out for a whole day (of which I thought was two days at first - I couldn't place the sun-dark phase when I "woke up" finally at night - but I recall a couple "smears" of data- mostly vomit and blood timespan info that must have been very basic brain-consciousness - but since then I've had a lot of deja vu type of things going on that I don't believe to be deja vu anymore - they're too strange to be deja vu and I think they're now likely to be recollection info based on a hospital seizure period I had. why- I'm not sure.

I've never been able to stop a seizure P-Funk - I just start piecing bits of memory together long after my seizure - and memory or realization that I have epilepsy often isn't among my first memories to begin to reassemble, which is not good

I can almost remember every seizure I have considering mine are partial complex and are so short. I really just freeze up and almost go into a different state of mind. The worse seizures I honestly have no recollection of though, and that's when it's quite scary.

I can remember usually right up to this part,"Fuck!! Im gonna have a seizure!!!" then wake up,with people going "You had a fit,you had a fit!!!" But if your on your own it's a bit off a head crush trying to pieace it all together.

The majority of my seizures have been partials.
I usually remember the aura part, once that funny dream comes in my head & I get a feeling that I need to go to the toilet I know I am having the aura. Usually I don't remember anything until after the seizure is over.
I have to rely on what other people have seen me do or if I'm on my own piece it together eg - was I in a different room, was something out of place?

This is a good question Ive just been talking to my friend about yesterday i ended in the Er again but Dont remember how why or Wtf had happened....
I remember getting up getting ready for work and i remember getting the bus then get to town and getting off the bus but anything after that is blah .... Next thing Im in hospital and even hospital staff Didnt know where i was ...

So Im no sure :/

But it sure is scary when yu remember Nothing about what your own body is doing :(

I don't know if percentage is an accurate way to ask but

do you get recollections of PREVIOUS seizures after you have a current seizure?

I'm not quite sure about what you're asking here.

But I will answer the question I think you're asking.

When my Complex Partial Seizures come on about 60% of the time I notice that they are coming. It's usually an unsteady feeling. A few times I was able to relax enough that the feeling passed without a seizure. The other 40% of the time my Complex Partial Seizures come on so fast I don't even know it. Sometimes they happen in a way that miss them because I fall asleep as they happen.

But the after effects is another story. 90-95% of the time I always know that I had a seizure. Because my head will be aching badly. While 5-10% I couldn't even tell because the seizure came on so fast as I fell asleep. In those cases if someone would would have to see and tell me I had a seizure.

My partials I can pretty much recall, my grand mals I remember NOTHING!!! I can't tell I'm going to have one either. I wish I could be able to tell. I've had E for 23 years and still can't tell.... but for the last couple years after I am completely aware of my surroundings I do acknowledge something new that started... I remember .something I could say ALMOST resembles a dream of me drowning... that's something that has only been happening the past couple few years. Don't know what that's about...

Zero from my grand mals. Once or twice I've had what I assume was a partial of sort since it didn't become a full-blown seizure. Since I was conscious for those, I remember them pretty well.

ssa asked me the same questions. Ive had seizures for almost 40 years now. My brains fried any way. They want me to write down every seizure I have had in the last year. Well, which kind? grand mal? Petit mal? The kind where I put things in the sink or the fridge.The nocturnal ones, or the ones on the computer that knock me out?Can you tell I'm frustrated? They even sent a paper to my mom to confirm this.Help me lord!

I remember up until the clonic stage then bitts and pieces for about 10 to 15 min. I can't talk for about 30 or so but I'm aware of what is going on around me. Oh, partials I remember everything. I have long auras sometimes hours or days.

I have partials, absences that i know whats going on around me. Tonics though, I have a strange feeling that is deep and weird but I know its familiar and think uh, oh, this could be the SEIZURE THING again. And then wake up in a hospital...

Hi new here!

My seizures really started up while i was pregnant with my son, hes now two years old and im on a steady keppra dose (about 1700 mg's to be exact, and Oxcarbazapine a smaller dose) but i can actually now FEEL when a possible awake seizure is coming on. I Get real quiet, and then my eyes water up like im about to cry (the cry face) but i dont actually cry. and i cant talk but im still thinking, shit i cant talk and things are starting to not make sense. watching tv, people talking to each other start to sounds like gibberish and all i can do is sit there quietly and try to breathe and let it pass. (usually it works too)

When i first started having seizures while pregnant, i would faint, not feel my head hit the ground and then be able to hear people around me saying "oh i think shes having a seizure" but everything is black. then theres bits and pieces of being put on a bed and wheeled into where ever the ambulance is, and then nothing, and then getting TO the hospital and hearing "yeah shes a pregnant Epileptic"
and then nothing again until a family member or someone got there.

i think i remember in the ambulance, the EMT's trying to get me to talk to them and asking me my name and if i knew what day it was but other then that nothing.

I hear that Darah . I like the description. My eyes wont water but I hear people around me and see but can't talk, during absence seizures. I can move and i am thinking. "oh, boy, its happening again." And I wait as i know it passes.

"what percent of a seizure do you remember?"

Interesting question for me and being as I forget many things I actually say at any time, I guess I really wonder just how many seizures in reality I do remember...

My myoclonic seizures I remember 99%, but I do sort of black out for just a few milliseconds and get very confused and disorientated then and need refreshing on the last 10 minutes or so. But I do know what's happened and I do understand why I've thrown everything

The tonic-clonics I always know when they're coming and I'll walk around to try and find someone (for some reason never lying down though :/) and I'll remember that. next thing I'll remember is waking up mid conversation and getting the shock of my life that I'm holding a conversation with someone but not actually being awake? it's very odd in my eyes.

I can have coversations too sometimes... I may not remember all of them.

If I have simple partial seizures I remember them and they sometime go into tc or complex partial sz's and I'll remember those.

Back
Top Bottom