how much of your seizures do you remember?

what percent of a seizure do you remember?

Votes: 4 9.1%

Votes: 3 6.8%

Votes: 5 11.4%

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 5 11.4%

Votes: 4 9.1%

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I just had my first 'recall' of a tonic clonic last week. And only a partial recall. I always have recall of partials even really strong ones.

I have no idea what percentage of seizures I remember. I can imagine not being aware that I have seizures if I lived alone on a desert island. I would have some weird disease that affected my tongue and sometimes caused muscular pain and bruises.

It definitely feels as though I start to recall previous seizures during current ones or my hippocampus is playing tricks on me and making everything seem familiar. Who knows.

I now remember that just before the seizure happens i have this horrible feeling and it seems it in my head but very emotionally related and it is just a rotten feelin and it seems i can tell oh, shit its starting again. But i am delirious and can't do anything about it. I never remember anything after when it's a Tonic/C until a vague recollection (like now) of that terrible feeling.

I do remember going into seizures and know what happened afterwards. I don't remember anything from during

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first t/c I kept telling myself oh no I'm going to have a sz, which is weird since I had't experienced one. The next 2 t/c's I was sitting then I was waking up with my husband sitting next to me, I thought we were playing around and he told me I'd just had a sz and he hoped it was OK he'd called the paramedics. The last one, as far as I can tell, I experience a partial complex, and absence then 2 t/c's in a row. I felt ungodly tired before any of this happened with no real reason and couldn't concentrate at all. I remember one of my colleagues saying I'd blanked out on her while we were talking and I said no, I'm fine. I don't remember anything else until I ultimately woke up in the hospital about 5 hours later, and only remember bits after that for the rest of the evening. It does suck losing chunks of your life like that.

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but I've been having my share of t/c and absence seizures this year and this is all still new to me. I was in the grocery store last night and she asked me debit or credit and I froze. I could move my head and look around and lick my lips and I could hear and remember 100% of what was happening but couldn't say or really do anything else. And after standing there looking stupid, I'm left feeling crazy. This has happened several times and is not the first... But does anyone else feel crazy? Did you ever feel like it was all a psychological issue and not a seizure? Is this even what it feels like? Please help been feeling like I'm just crazy all night

Minkous, You are not alone and well your story helps me. I have loads of absentee seizures but they are brief and I never thought about them until I had my first Grand Mal and my Doc asked about it. Your not crazy.

Minkous, yes. I have that kind of seizure often. I used to only have those and often. I remember driving and suddenly i can see and hear everything going on but the road has a curve in it and i can not turn the wheel so i go straight. CRASH into a tree. Lucky it was in town, not fast. but i 'came to' right then as i hit the steering wheel with my head. The car was bashed in but still running so i pulled out on the road and drove away to the store i was going to. When i came out of the store, there were cops there and arrested me for wreckless driving. First time ever in jail! ha. They did not take my license as i did not mention seizures, just a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom