How the Bladder and Digestion alter the Nervous System.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ha! Ha! I did a search and it looks like cranberries can help stomach ache for some, cause it for others. More than just a little are an irritant to me. What are you finding about them in your search?

Zoe: I have not had time to search, yet. You truly are an encyclopedia. I will just start eating a little each week.

How do you find links? I see you have one on your profile. No one I know on the internet will tell me how to get links? I have asked a lot of people on the internet. Please give me an answer.

Sorry Zoe: I am off subject. I will try to stick to just the subject next time. I will just try to eat a few cranberries each week.

I'm new, just registered. Regarding the cranberry issue, you may want to check into folic acid. I take Dilantin, which reduces folate levels, so it seems that cranberries or cranberry juice would be beneficial, but I don't care for them. So, depending on what medication you take for seizures, there might be a connection. Just a thought..........

Hi Jeed Be, Welcome to our support group. I am glad that you are posting right away.

I started on a new medicine, Keppra, and I wonder if that affects how it works. I love cranberries. I never had problems with cranberries before. I am going to try eating some once a week.

Until now I wasn't sure where to go with this...Is it possible that after years of seizures there can be damage to the nerves that control the bladder? I developed problems with accidents a few years ago, and no Dr. seemed to be able to tell me if that could happen. (Everything else with all the usual tests and such didn't show anything, so that's my only other guess.) Or could it be muscles issues after years of seizures taking a toll in that area?
There is 1 thing I have just recently started experimenting with for the issue though...B-complex. According to the herbalist I see, this is, to put it short, nature's wonder when it comes to nerve damage repair! (I started taking it to see if it improves my seizures, but I figure maybe I can get 2 birds with 1 stone here!)

Hi Jfpilnell,

When my neurologist put me on Keppra, he also told me to take B-Complex. I take 1 pill a day. I also found out recently that medicines can deplete our Calcium. I have started taking Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D. That is starting to work. Our brain that controls our nerves controls our whole body, including the bladder. With muscle problems you need to see your doctor. It could be a side effect of one of your medicines.

For a long time, with my epilepsy, I developed bladder infection. Cranberries work for it. A long time ago a doctor told me about it. Since then, I have not had a bladder infection.

Until now I wasn't sure where to go with this...Is it possible that after years of seizures there can be damage to the nerves that control the bladder? I developed problems with accidents a few years ago, and no Dr. seemed to be able to tell me if that could happen. (Everything else with all the usual tests and such didn't show anything, so that's my only other guess.) Or could it be muscles issues after years of seizures taking a toll in that area?
There is 1 thing I have just recently started experimenting with for the issue though...B-complex. According to the herbalist I see, this is, to put it short, nature's wonder when it comes to nerve damage repair! (I started taking it to see if it improves my seizures, but I figure maybe I can get 2 birds with 1 stone here!)

When Rebecca began neurofeedback, it was mentioned that NFB can help with bladder control. At the time she had some issues with this. I do believe there are ways to train the brain to control this problem. I am not clear on how NFB does this, but it might be something you look into. I just realized that Rebecca has not mentioned this since we did a good 40 sessions.

Back
Top Bottom