How to live alone with epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think there is something called MedicAlert. Its a necklace that she wears or bracelet that connects her with someone she knows and 911 button.

Here is some info for the MedicAlert bracelet/necklace, which I referred to in my previous posting:

For just pennies a day, your MedicAlert membership gives you all these benefits... which may help protect and save your life:

24/7 Emergency Response Service
24/7 Family Notification Service
Managing Your Emergency Medical Information
Personalized ID Bracelet
Personalized Wallet Card

www.medicalert.org

Living alone is great. I learned to do a house check every day. A couple times a day. Mostly the Kitchen.I have my son he is also epileptic. I check by the heaters.I have my little list. But a dog is good to because it also lessons the stress and can reduce seizures.Welcome!

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this but it seems like (if im understanding this right) there's a base which is programmed for 6 different numbers with a pre-recorded recording and can be activated by a pendent or some sort of "sensor pad" that's placed under your mattress. Essentially the way the pad works is it detects arradic movements also there is a monitor ?wire? that straps to your leg which detects elevated heart rates. In any event it carries a hefty price tag but could very well be worth it IMHO.

easlinkuk.co.uk
sleep-safe.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom