Howdy!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

huskymom

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was diagnosed with nocturnal seizures about 2 years ago. What a surprise that was! I was having so much trouble remember things and having trouble walking certain days, I had no idea what was going on. Of course I had to do the nuero-psyc test, which by the way, I am not sure how anyone passes that! I then had an eeg which found the seizure activity. I am not quite 50 (not until June!), so this has come later in life. I take Keppra (2,500 mgs and have now started Vimpat 200mgs) and I have break through seizures about once a week. Most of the time I still manage to make it to work :woot:

I am so glad that I found all of you! Does anyone see an epiologist? I would like to add an avitar as well, what do I need to do??

Welcome Huskymom!

To add an avatar, go to your profile page, and select "edit profile" from the little tab at the top. Then scroll down to where it says edit/add avatar. You can choose from some stock options or upload or link to an image.

I've done the neuropsych test too. My sympathies...

Some seizure disorders are related to hormones. Any chance that's the case for you?

Best,
Nakamova

No, the hormones are fine. My doc thinks that it related to brain lesions.

Thanks for avatar info.....I am going to give it a shot!!

Avatar looks great! Is that your puppy?

Thanks! Yes, that is our girl, Missy. She is 2 years old and the best! When I feel like crap, she will spend the whole day by my side!

I know I have horrible memory problems too.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy about 10 years ago and almost everything that happened the 10 years before that is gone. Even now I fogret a ton of things that happened months to years ago.

When the sezs started it was really bad, I would have one and everything that had happened that day was gone. It's gotten much better now, but I still have pretty bad memory problems.

My cat is alot like your dog. He know's if I have a sez and will not leave my side. Usually I get a really bad headache or very tired and have to lay down. He always crawls up on my chest and stays there until I feel better!

I think animals just know when you aren't doing that great.

Back
Top Bottom