Hypoglycemia and Seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing Hypoglycemia and Seizures?
If so, can you please share with me, how it was diagnosed and how they are treating it/them.
thank you in advance for sharing.

oddly enough most of us have it,
it is a common side effect.

most of the meds destroy your weight, and your ability to gain weight

I actually have Diabetes along with E so I have had hypoglycemic episodes at times. I had E first and 22 years later was diagnosed with Diabetes from a drug. After starting me on insulin, I sometimes don't give myself the right amount and have a hypoglycemic episode. I suddenly feel faint, start sweating, shaking, a tingling-like sensation around my mouth. I get confused suddenly and feel that if I don't get something sweet to eat within minutes, I could pass out.

I was diagnosed with diabetes because I suddenly had VERY blurred vision within a few weeks of starting that new med and felt SOOOOOOO tired and was unusually thirsty all of the time. These are symptoms of diabetes and hypoglycemia is commonly associated with diabetes, doesn't mean that one does have diabetes, too.

oddly enough most of us have it,
it is a common side effect.

most of the meds destroy your weight, and your ability to gain weight

i havent really been taking meds (phobia issues) but neuro dr thought perhaps i could be suffering from hypoglycemia because i told him, that i usually get funky episodes before I eat (needing to that is) and sometimes after I eat. I also get really nausious before, during and after. he did confirm that im having simple partial seizures and again did prescribe a new med, generic depakote? yes, I plan on trying it, tired of feeling funky. thank you for your response.

I actually have Diabetes along with E so I have had hypoglycemic episodes at times. I had E first and 22 years later was diagnosed with Diabetes from a drug. After starting me on insulin, I sometimes don't give myself the right amount and have a hypoglycemic episode. I suddenly feel faint, start sweating, shaking, a tingling-like sensation around my mouth. I get confused suddenly and feel that if I don't get something sweet to eat within minutes, I could pass out.

i've been experiencing
naucious
sweating
tingling
blurry vision (only when driving)
tingly lips and face
and the worse, like im going to drop dead,
and yes, when i think about it confusion
then there's pain and cramping in toes, fingers, forearm and neck
once i eat something be it sweet or not, i feel better but get sick to stomach
i've gained weight (maybe because i didnt take the lamictal or keppra?)
going to try the new stuff for sure tho.

I also get a rush feeling like im reved up, then extremely, extremely tired.
I always thought those events were aura's.
thanks for your response

I am not officially diagnosed as hypoglycemic but everytime I have a seizure my blood sugar drops to extremely low levels. I have always had minorly low blood sugar.

Back
Top Bottom