I am so angry still

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
:mad: Ok yesterday my sister since she is off work this week took me to the DMV to get a photo ID, I don't think I will ever be able to get a drivers license again because even after surgery the seizures are still with me.
Well, she called them for me on Thursday to ask what I would need to bring with me to get this and they said: MY CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE, MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENTCY!!!
Okay I took all this plus alot more just in case this wasn't enough, well those ignorant people angered me to the point that I REALLY BLEW OFF SOME STEAM TO THEM, which I know is not good for my E, high blood pressure, high pulse rate and more of my health problems.
First, they said I had to have my marriage certificate because the name on my birth certificate was different than the one on my social security card, well yeah, I wasn't born with my married name DAH, and every thing else I had with me had my married name on them including our rent lease with my husbands, mine and our daughters name on it. I had my medicare card with me with my social security number on it that wasn't good enough because it didn't have my address on it, however I had a stack full of papers that I receive from social security, and my medicare with my name and social security number on them, they couldn't accept and medical bills or papers relating to such. They would have accepted a medicaid card but not a medicare card, BULLCRAP, and then they told me I had to have my papers from social security stating how much my dissability check will go up to, WHY IN THE HECK DO THEY NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH MY DISABILITY CHECK IS, I had the TEN DOLLARS WITH ME TO PAY FOR THE PICTURE ID.
So I am still very angry with these people what in the heck to I have to bring with me to prove who the Heck I am, MY WHOLE LIFE'S HISTORY, FROM THE TIME I WAS BORN 47 YEARS AGO UNTIL THE DAY I GO TO GET JUST A PHOTO ID.
BULLCRAP!!!!!!!
WELL WHEN I CAN GET IT ALL TOGETHER THAT IS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO I AM GOING TO FIND EVERYTHING I CAN FROM THEN UNTIL NOW PUT IT IN A MANALA ENVELOPE AND JUST DUMP IN FRONT OF THEM WHEN I CAN GET A WAY OVER THERE AGAIN AND TELL THEM YOU GO THROUGH IT AND TELL ME KNOW WHAT ISN'T HERE THAT I NEED JUST TO GET A DARN PHOTO ID.
I can't just take a cab to get there it is about 25 miles away from where I live. My sis and daughter work thorugh the week the hours they are open, we cannot afford for my husband to have to take a day off work to take me and my dad is out of town until around the first of Feb. when I go in for a hysterectomy. So it is hard to tell when I can make it over there again.
It will take me a good while to be able to release this total anger towards them, unfortunetly that is me these days.
Well, I think I have ranted enough on this subject for now. thanks for listening.
Tammy

Another Thing That Really Angered Me Yesterday

:mad: :Well I know these days you have to have a photo ID for just about everything you want to do outside of your home.
One of the reasons I finally made it to the DMV yesterday to get a photo ID was to be able to get my daughter Charlisa who is 9 ears pierced because now you have be their parent or legal gaurdian with a photo ID to get your childs ears pierced. Charlisa has had the 20.00 since her birthday on July 15, to get her ears pierced and my sis tryed one time and this is when we found this stuff out.
Well, it just hit me yesterday, after I still couldn't get my sweeties ears pierced, that how in the HECK does my photo ID prove that I am her mother, think about it.
To prove that I am actually her mother I would have to have: HER BIRTH CERTIFICTE,(WHICH MY LAST NAME ON IT ISN'T WHAT IS KNOW BECAUSE HER FATHER AND I WEREN'T MARRIED YET, AND I STILL HAD THE LAST NAME OF MY FIRST HUSBAND) SO I SHOULD HAVE TO HAVE MY MARRIAGE LINCESE AND DIVORCE PAPERS FROM THAT, THE PAPERS HER FATHER SIGNED WHEN SHE WAS BORN TO HAVE HER LAST NAME HIS, PLUS, HER SOCIAL SECURITY SECURITY CARD AND PROOF THAT SHE LIVED WITH ME, PROOF THAT I AM THE WOMAN WHO GAVE BIRTH TO HER, AND HARD TO TELL WHAT ELSE,
So, can you tell me how does my photo ID prove that I am her mother or legal guardian, because I sure as heck can't see at all how it does.
Again thanks for listening, I had to break it to my little one that it is hard to tell when we will be able to get her ears pierced, I told my sis she will probably have to wait until she is 18 and show them her own photo ID to prove that she is herself!!!!
Tammy

Hope all this info helps!

DMV are supposed to accept the birth
certificate, marriage license (at the time
of your daughter's birth) and YOUR birth
certificate because your maiden name
is supposed to be on your daughter's
birth certificate!) and better yet, obtaining
the COUNTY COURTHOUSE OR HOSPITAL
CERTIFIED DOCUMENT DECLARING YOU ARE
THE MOTHER OF THE CHILD IS SUFFICIENT!
They HAVE to accept it, it's the Law!

If you have the Divorce Papers - Bring those
too.

Social Security Administration accepts it,
period, it's official document, likewise with
the School Board Records. So load yourself
up and go to a different DMV Office! And
forget about the one you went to or better
yet - request for the SUPERVISOR of that
DMV Office that you were at. It's possible
that employee there was not trained properly
and is a 'newbie'.

So load yourself up .. and GO!

Wow! That's absolutely incredible. What if you had to be the guardian for your kid in an emergency like at a hospital?! Does your sister have to sign for you? Or, worse yet, what if you're in an emergency or at new doctor's office for either you or your daughter? I've had to show my id before they let me in to a doctor. I totally agree with Brain- Find a supervisor at DMV who SHOULD know the rules. I'd be more concerned about a medical emergency than ear piercings.

BTW- I had to let my pierced ears grow shut 'cause I had to have my wisdom teeth extracted and they didn't allow any jewelry in their surgical room. I haven't had them re-done yet. There are a lot of cool earrings out that look like pierced earrings. That's a temporary alternative with your kid's money for now.

Last edited:
They need to dismantle the DMV and begin with a new plan. They should consider putting a successful CEO in charge of it. With all of the waste and inefficiency they could pay someone rather well to run the place like it should be.

What angers me every time it happens is.
When I'm somewhere and they ask for my drivers license. It never fails.
I was married 14 years before I even changed my last name.
I still haven't changed my state ID card;either this month or next month I'll be taking all the papers down to social security from when the judge signed everything.They'll be taken down to social security and I can finally get this over with.

Belinda:banana::woot::e::clap:

Ugh!!!

Oh..I can attest to the fact that it is very frustrating. Sorry that happened to you. We went through this 3 times when we were getting our son's license. They gave us incorrect information at the main office. We waited 3 hrs. and then they told us we needed everything logged. The main office said no we didn't. So I said.."well I guess I will just fill anything in" they said fine! They could've cared less. After waiting a good portion of the day..they said they weren't taking any more people for driving tests. "WHAT???" Are you kidding me. I took our # at 9 in the morning. Come back tomorrow. Same deal..waited and then left. We needed an appt. I was so darn sick of that place I could've screamed. The main lady working up front was obnoxious and rude!! There were some helpful, nice people..but they really needed to fix all their errors with info. and get a new front person!!!! Hopefully, you'll be able to get it corrected and taken care of soon!

Michelle

In Texas they are really bad!

Here in Texas the Dmv is so disorganized and confusing for people who need to get a id card! They treat you so badly every time you go in and it makes you frustrated to go every time. It would be easier if they would renew in the mail instead of having to go in all the time
David

At least you can get one over ther. As I left school before the end of my last year, I never received mine ( i was the frst year they did the 'prove your age cards' over here). I keep getting told I need to show a passport ( which I now need photo ID to get...) OR a drivers license which I'm not allowed to hold. As I am old enough to have been supposed to get a prove your age card no-one is interested, I cant even get a proper bank account. Cant get a passport as they ask to see eithre my prove your age card or my drivers license?! (despite me explaining I DONT HAVE EITHER!!) so I cant get any photo id, and have been in this sitution for 11 yrs now its awful here. ( passport office claim its cos I live in a new house but my house was finished 5 yrs ago!, just not showing on their computer, due to council red tape, so they think it's some sort of 'fiddle' and are insisting on photo id that I dont have)

Last edited:
I can"t

I can't get out unless I get lucky for a ride! And that is very rare that happens if at all! I am very limited to how often I get out!
David

Anyone can get a state ID card.
u use be able go krogr and get one.
now I have to go SSA since I changed my name.

In Texas.
I get mine renewed online all the time. I live in Austin. What's the matter with Odessa?

Ohio

We have mail in renewal for our license plates, but must go to a DMV office for our driver's license every 4 years. The ones I have dealt with are pretty friendly, but we are in a more rural area and are not dealing with long lines.

We also have state id cards for those without a license. That seems to cover any id issues pretty well.

First, they said I had to have my marriage certificate because the name on my birth certificate was different than the one on my social security card, well yeah, I wasn't born with my married name DAH

You were supposed to change you SS card after you got married. If that doesn't have your legal name (birth or married), you will get a lot of hassle for it.

Hello All,

Thank you for all your info.

I still haven't got a photo ID yet!!
I have been having alot of problems with my bad temper modes where the slighest little thing can send me into a major rage. My bi-polar high modes have been really attacking me lately, plus my temper where words come right from my brain and out my mouth before I even realize what I've said and sometimes can't even remember what I said, then add my Post Dramatic Stress Disorder and when my temper is acting up it really goes quite uncontrollable at times.

I am now working on trying to get everything together to try again,
Question: Do you have to show them your social security card to get this photo ID, reason asking when I got so angry the last time I was there, I walked out in such a rage I didn't put all my papers in the manilla envelope, I just picked grabbed all of it up and took off out the door still ranting and raving, now I for the first time since I've had a social secuity card that I have lost it and I think I probaly dropped it on the way out of that place. And now, I find out from the SS office that I need a photo ID to get a replacement card and if I have to show the DMV my SS card then how in the world am I supposed to get the photo ID.

It seems like more and more places want to see a photo ID for so many different things.
Now, I received Clothing Vouchers for my daughter and when I went to use one of them they rang everything up gave me a total, I owed about 3 dollars after going a little over the voucher amount. Basically everything was done and then the lady helping the cashier learning how to do the clothing vouchers said, "now all you need is to see a photo ID", there was nothing stated on the application the vouchers or anywhere that you needed a photo ID to use them. Luckily the lady cashing me out, babysitted my two oldest daughters for over 10 years and knew I was me. When I told them I had no photo ID they didn't tell me I had to have one.
However, now I am afraid to try to use the other voucher without a photo ID.

I have until the last day of Oct. to use the other one and am going to try to get the photo ID, however I don't know I am going to be able to that.

Question: Do you have to show them your social security card to get this photo ID, reason asking when I got so angry the last time I was there, I walked out in such a rage I didn't put all my papers in the manilla envelope, I just picked grabbed all of it up and took off out the door still ranting and raving, now I for the first time since I've had a social secuity card that I have lost it and I think I probaly dropped it on the way out of that place. And now, I find out from the SS office that I need a photo ID to get a replacement card and if I have to show the DMV my SS card then how in the world am I supposed to get the photo ID.

DMV ID information:

How Do You Get a Photo ID Card?

Applying for a photo ID card is much like applying for your driver's license for the first time, without taking the tests. Head to your local Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office―the process is simple.

* Download the photo ID application, or obtain one from your local DMV office.

* Take proof of your identity, WV residency, and current address.

* The same fees that apply for application and renewal of driver's licenses also apply to photo ID cards.

http://www.dmv.org/wv-west-virginia/id-cards.php

Social Security Card information:

Name change: http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=315

I lost my Social Security card:
http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=251

I hope this infomation helps you. :)

I recently obtained a passport. It's good for 10 years rather than 4 years. The passport can be obtained at any post office. It requires a visit to your state's Health and Welfare Department. The Health and Welfare Department needs to see various forms of identification such as your social security card. They give you a paper form asking for your maiden name, birth date, your parents' names, your social security number...etc.

Once that passes their security measures, they provide you with an official birth certificate. That official birth certificate can be used with the other id forms to obtain a passport.

I am surprised, because when I got married nearly 27 years
ago (I know I'm divorced now), not only when I applied for
a license at the courthouse, they also handed me the SSA
paperwork, along with it, so once they received the certificate
(after we became married), the Clerk will notarize it and mail
it off to the SSA and I then would have the new SSA Card
with my married last name - but I had the options of how
I wanted it on the card (with or without my maiden last name).

What or how are they running it today or these days now?

:huh:

But then again, we also had to submit lab work as well which
they've discontinued that some time ago.

It cost less to get a state ID than a drivers LC
.it's $10.00 in Ga
To go get one.
Belinda

David,
There are alot of places I can't get out to . :agree:
I have to wait till my DH is off work on his birth 9-2 to take me to like three places.
I can't get everywhere by the subway and the bus;and I do hate asking ppl for rides and I know some ppl who'll give me rides if they can. :banana:

I go to the doctor this Friday and the subway get me to the doctor.

I'm just hurting so right now I hate walking anywhere but I have to.:e:

Belinda

Back
Top Bottom