I angry, Seizures hitting bad last night and already this morning

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
hi all it just seems that they just love to hit me around any holiday or when I have plans which I hardly have much plans other than Doc appts and going to the store.
Yesterday evening was making special dinner for my dad, who has had to be in Pa for a couple months still 3 more weeks to go, and all of sudden major cp hits me.
I've been up since 5 am and 2 minor p's already.
This will be the first Christmas in my life that I haven't spent Christmas Day with my Dad and I am very upset over that and it is my oldest brothers fault because my dad is up in PA being his Choufer (sp) because he got caught drunk driving and my dad is not happy at all up there. Maybe this and some other things happening has triggered the seizures.
Thanks for listening, just needed to vent a little
Tammy

:(

Do you and your dad both have those video cams for the computer? Maybe you could have a video-conference-Christmas...

Hi Tammy,

Real sorry to hear about your situation....what with your Dad having to play chauffeur to your bruv, having the sz's really does NOT help.

Unfortunately, in my opinion the two are linked. Having apprehension with regards to your Dad going away is probably the key factor as to you having the sz's. It's easy for me to say sitting here at the computer, but please try to stay calm, and find the good things to focus on as all the negativity building up inside you is just gonna cause you to have more sz's.

I hope your sz's DO calm down, and disappear in time for Christmas....and remember, we're all here to play 'family' to you over Christmas....so if you wanna have a chit-chat or any other future vents, feel free to just get on here and chat away. We're all here for you Tammy.

x

There's definitely stress related to the seizures, in my opinion. Stress builds up the adrenaline. Is there any way you can vent out the frustration via exercise, music, meditation, finding humor in some of this crap, or any other escape mechanism?
It sounds like you're angry at your bro, you miss your dad, it's that stressful time of the year for everybody and especially you, and you need a great outlet to get rid of the stress. I exercise. I walk outdoors with a dog. We get around other people (and dogs!), socialize with them, and we have an incredible close relationship. I can read this dog, she can read me (kind of scary!). We play active games both inside and outdoors.
Sounds like you definitely need an outlet here.
Also, if you're worried about the frequency of seizures, it has been suggested that once one sz starts, (kind of like a storm), another one will follow, and again,,, until everything calms down. Stay faithful to your meds!

Do something nice just for yourself. You deserve it.
Sorry to hear that you can't be with your dad.

Here's a cute movie for you to see! Your dad is probably really missing you as well. When our family couldn't always get together on a specific holiday, we would make plans to have a dinner at another time. If your brother is alcoholic, he may be much sicker than you. It is known that alcoholics who withdraw from alcohol cold turkey can actually have a seizure even though it has nothing to do with epilepsy. Your brother may have a much much better understanding of your disorder after this incident. He may need your support for a change. Obviously your dad thinks you're more level headed and trusts you with out him at this time.

I hope that if you have a lot of fine food there that you make if for yourself with soothing music. Maybe your dad can get the leftovers (they taste better afterwards, to be honest!).

Your bro is on 'the dark side'. You may need to bring him out of his troubles.

As a middle child, I was often overlooked by my parents. This caused my expectations of them to be lower, and forced me to be more emotionally independent of their behavior. That independence really helped me in the long run. I am much closer to both of them now because, in spite of my disability, my behavior has provided them with some stability.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies.
Unfortunly my bro does have a computer but he won't let my dad use it. Oh my dad is so unhappy up there, he really opened up Saturday night about how my brother is treating him.
Even though my dad worked at a bank for 20 years and was the head of the computer dept. it was alot differnt than what he can do on the computer now. And alot of stuff he will have to be shown and told how to do.
I really don't think my brother is an acholic, but he is definelty on the dark side, however due to our mother's acholism and abuse he is the one out of the four of us who just has pretty much cut his family out. I believe he has done this because he can't be with us for long without all those bad memories releasing themselves. and he also has Epilepsy only his totally controled as long as he doesn't miss a dose of his meds, he doesnt' even want to talk to me about that, very seldom will he. I just don't want our closeness that we do have, even though he doesn't come in much to be affected because of the way he is treating my dad. My mind won't let me escape those memories, ( our mother passed away in 1991). Because of our mother's abuse is why I have been diagnosed with Post Dramtic Stress Disorder and the loss of my son. he was stillborn almost 11 years now.
He definelty is a loner, my dad said his 3 prioties are, his dog, his truck and his kitchen.

And yes, yesterday the seizures just kept coming and getting worse as the day went by.
Yes I believe they were hitting me do to stress and worry and just having so much still to do to get ready for Christmas.
I do my best to try different things to try and help myself, however I just don't seem to have any luck with calming them down.
I have a dog and cat, I love music and play it alot.
I just ended up in bed around 11 am yesterday and didn't get up until around 5 pm and while sleeping they were waking me up and still hitting last night.
Wish me luck I've been up for an hour and a half and so far no seizures.
Tammy

Last edited:
I will do a little more than just wishing you luck Tammy. Take care and keep us posted.
Are you with friends this Holiday?

One thing you said hit home with me also. My sister, who is 'normal' by my standards, and received a great deal of attention, money and love, rarely finds time to see our parents, either. They're really old now. One day it will be too late. She dwells in the past, always did and probably always will do that. She's a spoiled brat!

Your brother should NEVER mix his meds with alcohol. That's a really dangerous thing to do!

On a more positive side (which is where we have to go now):

Do you and your dad have cell phones with a built in camera/video feature? If not, maybe you and your dad can send photos back and forth to each other. Take silly photos of your pets. That's always good for a laugh. As a precaution, your dad may need to only use the phone outside of work if he's dealing with confidential material in a bank. The cell phone companies can really get some great deals. If you order a phone over the web, that phone gets a totally different phone number. If you go to a store, the salespeople have the ability to allow you to keep the same number.

I also use my cell to constantly remind me to take meds. And I have the reminders repeated if I choose to ignore them the first time around.

Hope your holidays are great in spite of this stuff. Play with your pets. They are there for you! And on that note, I'm going outside with my dog to play. 'Cause she's worth it!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies.
Unfortunly my bro does have a computer but he won't let my dad use it. Oh my dad is so unhappy up there, he really opened up Saturday night about how my brother is treating him.
Even though my dad worked at a bank for 20 years and was the head of the computer dept. it was alot differnt than what he can do on the computer now. And alot of stuff he will have to be shown and told how to do.
I really don't think my brother is an acholic, but he is definelty on the dark side, however due to our mother's acholism and abuse he is the one out of the four of us who just has pretty much cut his family out. I believe he has done this because he can't be with us for long without all those bad memories releasing themselves. and he also has Epilepsy only his totally controled as long as he doesn't miss a dose of his meds, he doesnt' even want to talk to me about that, very seldom will he. I just don't want our closeness that we do have, even though he doesn't come in much to be affected because of the way he is treating my dad. My mind won't let me escape those memories, ( our mother passed away in 1991). Because of our mother's abuse is why I have been diagnosed with Post Dramtic Stress Disorder and the loss of my son. he was stillborn almost 11 years now.
He definelty is a loner, my dad said his 3 prioties are, his dog, his truck and his kitchen.

And yes, yesterday the seizures just kept coming and getting worse as the day went by.
Yes I believe they were hitting me do to stress and worry and just having so much still to do to get ready for Christmas.
I do my best to try different things to try and help myself, however I just don't seem to have any luck with calming them down.
I have a dog and cat, I love music and play it alot.
I just ended up in bed around 11 am yesterday and didn't get up until around 5 pm and while sleeping they were waking me up and still hitting last night.
Wish me luck I've been up for an hour and a half and so far no seizures.
Tammy

Sounds like you've got alot on your plate right now Tammy, and it's no wonder that you're having seizures !....it's really easy for me to say this right now, but you really need to concentrate on YOU right now. Take care of yourself, and everything else will take care of ITself.

You really do need to do something that's gonna take your mind of what is going on.....that way you'll become fitter and stronger mentally, and THEN you'll find it alot easier to deal with your bro and your Dad.

Got a bit money put away for those rainy days ??....maybe now would be a good time to spend a little of it, on YOU.

I sure hope the 'storm' has passed, and you have a seizure free holiday, as this is what's important right now.

Take care

I'm sorry!

Can you phone your Dad? Talk to him?

I'm so sorry about the seizures!
:(
All the more reasons to hate E!

hugs.gif

Hello Me Again,
I still had seizures yesterday, however they weren't has many, about 4 two mild partials and two no so mild partials
We went to my hubby's mom's yesterday to exchange Christmas gifts, One of the things I got was a hundred dollar bill in the card from my mother in law. We usually don't have much money to spare, since I am unable to work anymore and my SSD check is no where as much as what I made when I could work. Not complaining about that I am one of the lucky ones when it comes to my SSD I got granted it first time in court, the judge called my lawyer night before court date and told her I didn't have to even come to court he was granting it to me.
My dad is retired Alivenwell, and he has a cell but I don't and his is a plain one, the only reason he has one now is because of having to drive to PA and wanting to make sure he had that phone in case of any car problems and such.
Brain, I can't call my dad because I have my phone under dissability and I can't even call every county here in WV, however I can go over and get my sisters phone and use it whenever I want, she lives only two apts down from me.
RobinN, I am very lucky to have family and friends during the holidays my oldest daughter is cooking dinner today, my sis keeps a close watch on me when she is home.

I have my 9 year old Charlisa and 3 out of my 5 grandchildren in WV. I little one has been up since 4am and can't wait to open her presents.
Thanks to All, I am going to try my best to keep my nerves in tack today and have a great seizure free Christmas Day!!
Tammy

Hello All and Merry Christmas!!!!
I just typed about 3 small paragrahes and instead of hitting edit I hit quote and it dissapeared on me I am not sure wether it deleted it or sent it to another area on here.
So here I go again,
Yesterday I still had the seizures, however thankful I only had 4 2 mild partials and 2 not so mild ones.
RobinN, thankfully I do have alot family around me on the holidays, My hubby, my youngest daugher Charlisa who is 9, My oldest daughter and my 5 grandchildren, only 3 live in WV and my other two in VA, they were in two weeks ago. My sister and my husbands family. I would be lost without them.
Alivenwell, my dad is retired, I must have stated that one wrong, he only has a plain cell phone, he just got it when he was going to PA in case of emergency. I don't have one.
My dog Amy, she is very affecte, she is not one of those dogs trained to know when your are having a seizure, but she does know and comes and cuddles really close to me and wants to give me lots of kisses. Yes and I totally agree with you about my brother drinking and taking his meds he takes dilatin and has since he was about 10 he is now 45.
TeeTees, I try my best to be stronger mentally and physically, unfornutely, every time I almost get there, my Bi-Polar knocks me down those steps again, or one of my other health problems takes its turn to attack me. Now I have to have a hysterectomy in Feb, my female organs are all messed up. Good News we went to my mother in laws yesterday to exchange gifts and one of mine was a hundred dollar bill. We usually don't have a lot of extra money, since I am not able to work anymore, I do get SSD, I'm not complainin about that, because I was so lucky, the afternoon before the day I was to go to court, my lawyer call me to tell me the judge had just called her and he was granting it to me and I didn't even have to go to court.
Brain, I can't call long distance, heck, I can't even call every county here in WV, I have my phone bill through a dissablity program. However, I can use my sisters phone any time I want to, she lives only two apts down from me. Unfornutely, when I call my dad he just doens't want to discuss whats going on on the phone, he sure let it out when he was in over the weekend. He's not much of a phone talker even here at home.
Good New, when he came to say goodbye before having to go back he said I will be home in no more than 3 weeks.
Thanks to all for your great Support and Merry Christmas!!!!
Tammy

Now, I see that both posts did post, oh me and my confusion at times.
Well the seizures returned yesterday, only a couple which I am glad only two.
My hubby got three hundred dollars for Christmas and gave me two hundred of it and said this is to be spent on you and Charlee only and nobody else and for things you need or want,
so my sis is taking me and Charlee shopping today.
Hope All had a Great Christmas and Wishing Happy New Year to you.
Tammy

Back
Top Bottom