I Can Drive!!! Woot!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angel

New
Reaction score
well, kinda ;) my neuro today told me i can drive as long as hubby is in the car with me for three months then we will go from there!!!!! & yes I had the lecture... which i totally agree with if i dont feel right dont drive :) :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: :woot:

because my seizures are mostly around my ms im not to drive around that time If I'm feeling auras and have to up my keppra 250mg until my monthly is over......

I haven't driven yet though because I've been tired.... he told me to take little baby steps..... thats fine with me ....... ALSO! wants me to take magnesium up to 1000mg is that right Robin? he just told me to start taking it not really how much... and he wants me to up my multi vit intake to two pills ...

I'm happy!!!!!:banana::banana::rock:

Last edited:
Now that is great news Angel. I am so excited for you. What a breath of fresh air for the new year.
As with anything the magnesium should be brought up slowly. There are very evident ways to tell if you are overdoing it. I suspect your doctor told you what to watch for.

Now that is great news Angel. I am so excited for you. What a breath of fresh air for the new year.
As with anything the magnesium should be brought up slowly. There are very evident ways to tell if you are overdoing it. I suspect your doctor told you what to watch for.

no he didn't? I took 400mg tonight he actually told me that he doesn't think you can overdose on magnesium that he wasn't sure in other words i should do some research myself... at the time the office was really busy! he and I were discussing driving, & safety etc, and ways to help my energy level... were talking about my dystonia & menstrual cycle epilepsy a lot hair falling out depression... I hit him with a few questions...

Last edited:
WWWOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

I'm sooooooooo happy for you, Angel! That's just too Cool!

Yippee!!! I'm so happy for you Angel! Congratulations! ( And every body else, update your car insurance. :) just kidding.... :))

Yippee!!! I'm so happy for you Angel! Congratulations! ( And every body else, update your car insurance. :) just kidding.... :))

I agree! haha If I'm not driving... My husband will be SOOOO you will definitely need good car insurance... ha ha

:clap: :woot:

CONGRATS!

Just remember this advice!
Pay close heed to those vehicles
that have bumper stickers that says
"IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY I
DRIVE - STAY OFF THE SIDEWALK!"

:D

thank you! I still haven't driven yet :noevil: its snowing heavy & icy So I decided to wait until the weather is better.... sounds silly huh? after not being able to drive for a year.....
you would think id be out racing around....

Better safe than sorry!

Love angel

Let me think, I might need a couple of rides some where. Do you do long distance? Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:e:

Hi Angel,

Very happy to read you good news!!! Hoping you enjoy the driving once you start driving again. Also hoping the magnesuim (spell correctly?) works very well for you and that the increases of it you do, do work well too - along wiht the vitamins your doctor has instructed you to take.

No, you are not been at all silly that you have decided to wait until the weather is better. For one - its better to be safe, then sorry. You msut realise that many people dislike/hate driving in bad weather. Have never driven myself - might do one day, then again might not!

Susan

Miss Choccy

:e:

Back
Top Bottom