I stuffed up and now I'm nervous.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
This morning I double doesed by accident, taking my AM and PM doses in the one hit. (Yes I do have a tablet container that is separated into AM and PM)

This equals 1600mg of Tegratol CR and 2000mg of Keppra. As I've never double dosed before or taken an abrupt higher dose of the Keppra, what should I be ready for to happen. If anything?

I'm a bit panicked but I've been assured in the past that a higher dose of the Tegratol won't do much.

I've accidentally taken a double dose before - maybe my am and pm meds at once or two days of the same time worth of meds. I've never had any problems. Just make sure you take the rest of your meds at the regular times.

If you're having any problems you should get a hold of your neuro.

I have messed up my meds a few times, some times taken my Am meds at night , pm meds in the morning or just forgetting to taking them . I also have a pill box abd the one I have you can either seperate the Am/pm or click them together .

I take a higher dose of zonegran at night to morning abd am on cholesterol tablet at night so a couple of years ago I asked my epilepsy nurse for her advice on how to not get my meds mixed up. She suggested seperating the pill boxes which I did, I have my Am pill box in the kitchen where I get my breakfast ready and pm pill box in the lounge room on my coffee table as I usually eat dinner in the lounge room and take my meds with my dinner.
I haven’t had an issue with my meds since, except for maybe forgetting to take my meds sometimes if I’m not feeling well or am tired.

Yeah. My tablet case is separate, it was just a case of change in routine that caused me to double dose

Back
Top Bottom