I think i am having nocturnal seizures help/advice please!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

anyone please, I have been as read my posts. Nocturnal seizures.. Now last night scared me alot.. Has anyone woke up by coughing like you passed out lack of oxygen. from seizure.. Wow i did, one time month ago was on stomach face dwn. in pillow. but this one I think was on my back..Woke up coughing and heart racing. etc Has any heard of this. thanks...

I have had complex-partial and tonic clonic seizures upon waking. I have been nauseous, but not all the time. Keep in mind, my seizures are not 100% nocturnal.

In the past, my wife has rolled me over when she hears gargling in my through as if I should be choking. It is not unusual to have slobber seeping back into your throat when you are on your back. This can be a health concern, but has probably happened many times without you even knowing.

yes I wear mouth guard too for tmj. hmmmm. Now i wonder,from seizure of ? geez this gets complex. My EEG confirmed my nocturnal seizures, but this?

Well, it would be caused by the seizure, I would expect. Bring it up to the doctor and see what they say. Its probably nothing to worry about, but I wouldn't just say that and not suggest talking to the doctor.

Has anyone woke up by coughing like you passed out lack of oxygen. from seizure

Yes, I have.

I do not have nausea or headaches in the mornings
:)

Hi roadrunner, I do not have these coughing fits as you describe them, but in a previous post you asked me if I think I have seizure like episodes most nights and the answer is yes. I do not have the full on sleep paralysis all the time - this comes when I am over tired. Also I used to drink alcohol and the sleep problems were worse then. Now if I drink which is rare, it is only one drink per night. my episodes are much better now. Every morning I wake up and have skin auras of some kind. Mostly totally numb hands with the crawling skin aura. This is fine, it is not causing me any real problems. I also get a strange thing called 'screaming head syndrome' this is when you are sleeping and you hear someone scream in your head so that it wakes you up. The sound can also be a big noise. Some people say that this has nothing to do with epilepsy, but I think it is - does anyone else out there get this syndrome?
Anyway roadrunner, your coughing thing does sound more extreme than the normal sleep related epilepsy things - it does sound like you should see your neuro, but if your anything like me your a bit apprehensive about doing that!! Can't stand head doctors myself! Keep Strong, Anne.

AnneN
ty I did see nero.I am sorry for your probs. I do have nocturnal seizures and test see that too.
Dr. said even mild ones can be ugh lol.I have been on seizure meds now I think doing 1 week.better but when I had EEG test 2 nights,did not think I had seizures but test show mild ones too. So I feel tired and out of it every morning.I think more now on med. How long you have had? New here, seems like after my neck surgery 3 months ago.I got.

anyone on keppra

I was on Neurontin . that was nasty. I lasted 3 weeks and no way,could I take anymore.. keppra better but still way out of it most of day.. anyone take keppra and hows it working.. I have nocturnal seiures

Back
Top Bottom