I thought this might help any of you.......

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've been practicing yoga for about 7 years now. With that, I also order Yoga Journal which has some great articles (especially if anxiety follows you). I thought that I would pass this on as it has helped me. It was written by a woman named Sally Kempton in response to a question by a reader. The question was, "I've been dealing with some health issues. They're not life threatening, but they bring up enormous fear. Do you have any ideas to help?"

She responded with this mantra about welcoming what comes:
"I welcome this health crisis b/c it is giving me the opportunity to take better care of myself. I welcome it b/c it reminds me that I'm human and vulnerable. I welcome it because when I welcome it, the gesture of welcoming will open my heart. I welcome it b/c I know that the experience will teach me things about myself that I could never learn if nothing ever went wrong."

"I welcome it, finally, b/c by welcoming even what I don't like about myself, even what I wish never happened, even what hurts, I create the possibility of more openness, more freedom, and more joy."

She ends by saying, "What you resist, persists. What you let in, leaves."

As someone who has gone from stability to crisis and (hopefully) stability again, this really helped me (I still read it daily). Yet, it has also allowed me to try new therapies to become healthier---something I wouldn't have done without this journey. I hope you find some worth in it as well.----Luv

That's a nice quote. Thanks for sharing it. :mrt:

Luv - Great attitude.
I am going to print that out for Rebecca. Thank you

Great post and thanks for sharing it!

:mrt:

Back
Top Bottom