If everyone in the world had name tags, what would yours say

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

PFunk

Veteran
Reaction score
Let’s see if this thread goes anywhere… Thanks for suggesting I start it qtowngirl.

In an effort to make things easier to remember; we should start a worldwide movement where people would wear name tags with short description of their history, including but not limited to their interests, aspirations, affiliations and any other information deem important to identifying them. That shouldn’t be too hard to do, right?

What would your name tag say?

This is what mine would say

• Wants to start a suburban homesteading movement, but his wife veto’s raising a pig in their backyard (probably a good idea but he’ll warm her up to chickens)

• Wants to hike all the 4,000 footers in the New England area. (yes our mountains are smaller here, stupid glaciers)

• Likes to disappear into the woods to emerge with baskets full of edible mushrooms and plants.

• Use to brew beer but when drinking was no longer an option, he then switched to curing meats (salami, bacon, pancetta, kielbasa etc.) A happy basement is one that looks like a meat locker.

• Went bungee jumping once and then swore to never do it again.

• Defender of justice.

• Has visited 7 countries on three continents.

• Has no regard for grammar and spelling. (not by choice)

• Finds happiness in nature..... truly

Last edited:
I dont think I would like to be "forced" to wear a name tag with all my personal information on it. So many things cross my mind like stalkers and serial killers who have specific criteria they can find on the tags.

That and the fact that just because I dont want to do any of the things on your name tag, or have done any of the things on your name tag, doesnt mean we cant be good friends. I could see that becoming a way to filter out people who dont agree with what you do.

This came out of the Forgetting names/faces? thread.

It was just for fun and another way for people to express / share their interests. Sorry if it offended you.

Yeah as P-Funk said it was only intended to help remember names and faces. And people could put as much or as little as they wanted on it; lots like he said or just your name and that you're an engineer who likes pizza (hypothetical here). Seizurrific's was funny, and I LOL when I read Funk's about the basement/meat locker.

And Rae believe me I totally respect you, but the stalker and serial killer avoidance went out the window when Facebook started.

Well christ, now I wonder if I should take some of that info down. Actually, I guess its a more elaborate version of my profile, so bring it on stalkers (but please be nice, I'm fragile, like a porcelain doll)

Last edited:
Lol. I wasnt offended, but with the increase in serial killings in my area (although the women are "mising" several people are starting to connect the dots thats its a serial killer EEK) I was just saying that having someone forced to even display their name would be against privacy.

I for one would not. I realize that I have a facebook account, and its actually very hard to search someone on facebook if you dont know their name. If you have your account locked enough, Nobody other than your friends can get in.

Didnt mean to hijack the thread, just stating something I noticed with it.

Chaz1
Loves life
Loves family
Loves real friendship
Loves compassion
Loves kindness
Loves giving
Loves nature
Loves exploring (travelled many a mile and back)
Loves education
Loves solutions
Love support – CWE
And I love pancakes!

Would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE (give anything in my humble life) to find a cure for E!

Last edited:
The whole name tag idea came out of issues of memory loss related to epilepsy. How it would be great if there was a little breakdown of all the people you met, so when you ran into them again, you could remember who they are. I guess the point was lost somewhere along the way. Just let this thread sink to the bottom and we will be done with it.

No no. Its all good. Keep it going. Dont let me kill it.

If it helps, mine would be something like...

Rae
22 years old
People told me I was Delusional
Nearly fell off my unicorn.
Loves Shoes
Loves Makeup
Hates onions and mustard

Righty oh,let me see mine would be,

Neil
36 years off age,although seriously imature
Has been told to grow up countless times
Took 17 years to finally accept doctors advice
Thinks he is shockingly good looking and has personality to match,but is so wrong
But has heart off gold when you get to know me
Hates bullys and likes to stick up for the underdog
......and no way would even consider doing a bungee jump
Oh yeah,F&*£!&G HATES E!!!!!

marianne. mare. never mary. always with an "i" in the middle and an "e" on the end.
(i totally blame my mom for being neurotic about the name thing.)
48 years old.
goodie two-shoes girl who married the bad boy.
3 awesome children. yea...the one with pink hair and covered in tattoos belongs to me. :)
my family is my life. my world.
an infamous caretaker and enabler. can you say mom?
am not a doctor, but i could play one on tv.
i am one of those yorkie moms. she just wont wear the bows!
never have and never will fly. but i can't anyway since i can't find my wings.
i have an intimate relationship with my iPad...well that's what i'm told. lol
love this forum.
hate why i am here.

This is so hard! I wonder if the name tag should read how other people see me or how I see me?

Still waters run deep (and I would love to be kayaking on those waters)
People pleaser
Mom of 3 darlings
Voracious reader
I still believe in manners
and I'm a little afraid of the dark
I enjoy the simple pleasures of life and laughing
I love my husband and the smell of freshly cut grass
I find people fascinating but please let me get to know you
on a one on one basis rather than at a loud party
If you discover me having a seizure offer me a nice cup of silent tea afterwards
and I'll offer you a lopsided smile and my eternal gratitude

That's a start anyways! I think my name tag would be silver too. I'm not a big fan of gold!

If I had a name tag for others to remember me by it would go something like this...

Maidenminx
I am fiercely protective of my son and apologise if I come off as nasty at times.
I either have lots of words or no words and frequently make little sense. If I seem super noisy and
annoying or quiet and rude, I apologise.
I strive to be good company and I love to cook.

Here's mine....

52 years old (I know, I look SO much younger)
stays away from conflict
DO NOT get in the way of my Pepsi
Loves anything with great frosting on it
nothing better than a stupid movie
can't park straight to save myself
Have a twin sister
Love my dog (I guess you can see that)
scared of heights
love reality tv

Seizurrific
- dark hair with ringlets so thick it takes 2 people 3 hours to make them straight
- bakes cookies so she doesn't feel guilty if the paramedics have to come over
- swears profusely when postictal
- has a heart so soft she cries when she accidentally steps on snails
- has a remote tracker so she can find her keys, which usually end up in the freezer
- loves uni, doesn't mind tests, hates homework and feels bad in group projects.
- Sleeps face down "splat" in her bed

oh boy...

so many choices, I would need to rotate name tags...

DARK sense of humor - thanks E.!!!

good idea gigi,

heres my tag rotate

Would shift the earth and happily live in utter poverty to cure my Sons E
Still married to the love of my life (28yrs) and it just gets better.
Cross my family and my wrath is enormous (just a family girl)
Got me 4 sisters = grew up with 6 women.
Am truly a happy person
Bit of a perfectionist on the work front
Pretty darn witty I been told
Lived in many countries
Am a serious skeptic
And can still seriously turn heads at 47 :) (hey gotta love me)

qtowngirl-
-33, only child, gorgeous (lol jokin' around but hey why not?!)
-self-employed
-rule-follower that's never been arrested
-the person I love most in life is my best friend of almost 20 years
-fave companies are bluenotes, volkswagen, and mine of course! (refuse to set foot in a walmart !#@*!)
-loves in life are hockey, coffee, wine, cooking, movies, work, roadtrips, and CWE
-I have epilepsy (but just like my other E hater)... I F&*£!&G HATE E!!
-and no way would even consider doing a bungee jump either, or skydiving

Rae - Unicorns make for great ridding, they are the Cadillac’s of four legged mammals.

Neil - To be mature is to be boring.

serendipity - Thank god I don't have to guess how to spell your name :)

LJ - Don't you think they should come out with an air freshener that smells like fresh cut grass?

Maiden - When you love to cook, you're always guaranteed a great meal.

Huskymom - Dogs are the best, hands down.

Seizurrific - A tracker on your keys! genius!!

Chaz1 - I think all good parents like you would trade the world to cure their child. I wish him and your family the best of luck. That goes for everyone!

qtown - Ha! I preach against walmart also! I hate dirty corporations with to much
power. Support local busness.

Back
Top Bottom