If I didn't have epilepsy....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Starfish

New
Reaction score
If you could be unaffected by epilepsy, not just not having seizures, but the mood swings, the drugs, the triggers, the people not understanding, the ever looming never knowing when it will happen. If ALL of that was just gone everything bad that has ever happened or effected you with your epilepsy gone, for just A DAY(24 hours)....

Which day would it be? Why?
What would you do on this day? and why is that different from what epilepsy prevents you from doing now?

Here's what I'd do:

I would choose prom, or if not prom, a dance, any dance. Because I can't go and have never ever been able to go to them because they have strobe lights, which give me seizures. I would go with my best friend, and these two twin guys that are literally like family to the two of us. I would go out and buy a really nice dress, which I always try on in stores, but never get them, because I have no where to wear them too. I'd get nice shoes, with HEELS, for once, and wear make up which I never do, and spend hours doing what every other normal teenager gets to do, that I never will be able to do with epilepsy, because no one wants to turn off the strobe lights. I'd dance until my feet hurt and be silly with my friends and would stay out all night because I wouldn't have to worry about having a seizure from the whole lack of sleep thing, and I'd DRIVE a car home, where I'd watch TV in the Dark with my Best friend and eat lots of sugar and drink lots of caffeine, until my day/24 hours, is over.

So what's your dream?

I'm lucky enough to mostly have simple partials, so I would be your prom date if you needed one. :)

I car woudl drvie, I wloud go to a rave wiht lodfu music and sttobe lightd and dance and get dyrnk

I'd continue to fight for the rights of people with epilepsy. Find a cure, better quality of life, research transportation alternatives and invest in seizure alert/response dogs. Obviously, I'd need a little money for some of these things, but writing to the right people for the right reasons can make a huge difference.

Fly a plane. Skydive. Hang glide half a mile in the sky. Go on tours with bands again. Risk my life in other ways, to cut it short.

I guess people that experience their own mortality this frequently may become predisposed to risky behavior, but screw it. Literally. ;)

I guess people that experience their own mortality this frequently may become predisposed to risky behavior, but screw it. Literally. ;)

Yeah I do lots of "risky" things that many people wouldn't expect me to do because I'm relatively kind and quiet. Every seizure could be 'the one' to send you into status and not come back from it. If you can face a seizure you could face pretty much anything.

Back
Top Bottom