If you've had an EEG, what was the result?

If you have had an EEG, what were the results?

• Normal

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Abnormal

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Inconclusive

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I've had more than one EEG

Votes: 28 44.4%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm on 750 mg twice daily now. And of course my luck the pharmacy could only get enough in for two weeks and may not be able to get it in again.

So I got the results this week from the ambulatory EEG and it turns out that I was was having several generalized seizures on my EEG that I was not even noting myself they were so fast but the machine was picking up. So now the Nuero wants to see me every month becasue he thinks it is so serious it is worth noting and wants to run another one in another 2 months or so. Maybe this next one will be a video one and wlll be a longer study.

Tina

WalkerJM3,
The Pharmacy could only get only get in only get in 2 weeks of your drugs? I have had that happen before several times. In fact where I get my drugs they have to order in my drugs special becasue my generics that I take Mylan brand they do not stock on a regular basis (keppra and topamax) I do better with the mylan than the other 2 brands they do stock I have seizures with the others they also do not stock Vimpat so they have to order that one also for me. Lucky for me they like me and I keep them stocked with Nike friends and family coupons when I have them casue I work there. It never hurts to be nice to the pharmaicist they help to keep you well after all.

Tina

If you've had and EEG, what were the results? I'm curious how many EEGs actually result in an abnormal result, even when people are still diagnosed with epilepsy. I know out of two EEGs I've had, one was normal, one was abnormal. You can choose more than one option if you've had multiple EEGs.
Hello lindsayschu2,
I've had quite a few EEG's over the years which have come back abnormal through sleeping with the test but my lastest one recent came back normal as they said my brain didn't properly shut down instead I went into a partial seizure where I felt like I was sleeping :lol:

WalkerJM3,
The Pharmacy could only get only get in only get in 2 weeks of your drugs? I have had that happen before several times. In fact where I get my drugs they have to order in my drugs special becasue my generics that I take Mylan brand they do not stock on a regular basis (keppra and topamax) I do better with the mylan than the other 2 brands they do stock I have seizures with the others they also do not stock Vimpat so they have to order that one also for me. Lucky for me they like me and I keep them stocked with Nike friends and family coupons when I have them casue I work there. It never hurts to be nice to the pharmaicist they help to keep you well after all.

Tina

yeah. They told me to call in 4 days before I need it to see if they can get it in. If not, I have to switch pharmacies. I'm honestly thinking about using a mail order pharmacy since I can through my insurance.

The pharmacy I use is CVS and every script I have with them except the Vimpat is on what they call Auto refill now the only reason the Vimpat is not on auto refill is becasue it is a controlled substance and requires ID at pickup. Oh and my emergency meds. So that makes 5 scripts in total I have with them at present all are on a monthly basis now. With every 5th fill I get a $10 reward coupon too. I belive that walreens has a similar program as well but they were further away. CVS is within walking distance to work and home.

As far as my EEGS go all of mine as late are abnormal and they are planning another one in September.

Tina

I've had multiple EEGs and all of them have shown seizure activity even though my seizures are controlled.
I've had multiple EEGs all of which showed perfectly normal even though my seizures were not under good control at that time.
Why do we pay neurologists again?

Ohhh, I've had 2 EEG's & one where I had to wear some kind of EEG headgear every day for 3 days. All of those came back normal, even though I've been (at that time) having full-on grand mal seizures. I now have only partial seizures. I'm on sodium valproate & Keppra, which do nothing if I'm tired, weak with illness or shocked by something (i.e. a car beeping....it sets off a partial in my leg....tut!).

I had many EEGs tying to prove I wasn't crazy, the first EEG was by a neurologist that suspected seizures as I had myoclonic jerks, I didn't believe him and switched to a different doctor, a year later I had a tonic clonic in bed alone, the second doctor didn't like how I described it and dismissed it, gave me an EEG that came back normal, I switched doctors more EEGs and MRIs, still nothing, except he noted slow waves on one test. Then after being at an airport for 12 hours I took a ride on a plane and as soon as we took off my body locked up and I knew I was having a Partial, a month later we tested again and finally the doctor was concerned and said I had epilepsy, he was shocked at how happy I was to hear this, I finally had proof. The only bad thing is this happened in the spring of 2012, by November 2012 I fell 15-30 feet and sustained a moderate to severe traumatic brain injury and went status in the E.R. I finally had documented witnesses, but since I now had an established history of seizures my epilepsy has mostly been left out of the court cases. It is well controlled, though I may still have minor seizures in my sleep sometimes, I live alone so who knows? The Myoclonic jerks use to wake up people I was sleeping with.

I had an eeg in December and that's how my epelipsy was diagnosed. Prior to that I had attributed my symptoms to a long list of other causes such as stress, coronary artery disease, etc. It was only due to the eeg that I was referee to a neurologist and the cause of the seizures determined.

As far as I'm aware they were normal. I haven't been able to have another doctor read the results. But I've had two, and the doc I had at the time said they were both normal.

I had a tonic-clonic during my EEG, one so outrageous that the hospital asked me for permission to use the tape in teaching med students. So, abnormal.

I had a tonic-clonic during my EEG, one so outrageous that the hospital asked me for permission to use the tape in teaching med students. So, abnormal.

Similar experience, complex partial during EEG, then asked if my result could be used for teaching med students. My heart stops beating during seizures so they figured my abnormal result is a good teaching aid as they don't see that kind of action too often.

I know I freaked the EEG operator out, he'd never had anyone have a seizure and go on the nod during the process before.

I have had several EEG's over the years and have all been inconclusive....with all the seizures I've had, the years of having epilepsy, I have never had a seizure during an EEG...oh, well

I've had several EEGs over the years and all but one was normal. Aid they saw a"fluctuation" in my temporal lobe.

Back
Top Bottom