I'm getting old...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I went to my oldest nieces graduation ceremony tonight!

I maybe getting old, but I'm definitely not as old as her mother is,(she's 2yrs older than me!) and thank goodness I'm not feeling as old as she's feeling right now!

I'm hoping that I can keep my memories from this great evening, but I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow, I won't remember much of it. My Sister and my Grandfather(he went to the same school!), had taken many, many pictures tonight so I'll be asking for copies for my photo album

I said that same thing earlier...lol when I was in high school I thought I was getting old...time is an illusion my friend...I've said that countless times :lol:

MrE

You are right time is an illusion, but I still feel old.

I went to two different graduations last month -- a niece and a nephew. It's weird how they age, but I don't... :)

It's weird how they age, but I don't... :)

I said the same thing when I went to both my children's college graduations. Then my son went on to graduate from law school. By that time, his hair-line was starting to recede, like his father's. OMG! So glad I don't have to deal with that! ;) Oh well, like Mr.E said, Time is an illusion!

I would love to be able to say that I don't age too! But unfortunately, all I have to do is look in the mirror and see the gray hair growing! I don't have anyone in my life so I don't have to try to keep their attention and interest by keeping it brown, and even if I did keep it grey, and they didn't like it, Tough Sh*t!!

And I'm not the kind of person who has to dye their hair constantly and to try to keep up with the current trends in style to deny that they're aging, I'll leave that to my oldest sister!

And I have another niece graduating next year, and a nephew the year after that so I'm sure that my hair will probably be about 75% gray!

Last edited:
During the ceremony, I kept thinking back to my own graduation, and sitting in the same seats as they did, singing in the choir during the ceremony and walking across the stage thinking, "WOW! I did it!" and hoping I wouldn't fall or slip in the heels I was wearing. I had told her afterwards that I was shocked that she was able to make it! She didn't let me forget that.

Maybe 2,3hrs later she text'd me to remind me of what I had told her and that I had "offended" her and I wasn't her favorite aunt anymore! I then txt'd her back that actually, ALL of us were shocked that she made it, they didn't want to hurt her feelings but I had no problem with it. LOL

It's amazing that not even 10yrs later after graduating, my life would be nothing like what I had imagined it to be! My Mother would be gone from cancer, and I'd find out that I have epilepsy. And because of a STUPID choice I'd make 13yrs later, I wouldn't be able to work or have decent memory and I'd still be living with a parent.

Last edited:
MrE

Very true but to feel means I have to grow and I cannot grow, remember You cannot hang a headless man.

I have no idea what you just said but it sounds like you have some sort of personal problem :lol:

MrE

"You cannot hang a headless man" means it is futile to go against nature or Stop undertaking futile exercises.

062a3d02882ff7088ab5beb12b5de116fe2bfd92f32984e3feea747253e39384.jpg

Last edited:
MrE

There is an old Irish saying "A good word in court is better than a pound in your purse" and remember "The world cannot make a racehorse out of a donkey."

Dude did you take ur meds today? Ur scaring me lol

MrE

You can only be scared by the unknown and the unknown is often the known. Just remember a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse or what you cannot see does not scare you. You see every saying has a meaning even if we cannot see it.

Bro did you eat a whole box of lucky charms??? :roflmao:

Last edited:
I decided to stop aging at 23. I've been 23 for a while now.

Did you know that a human brain is programmed to try and make cents of things that make absolutely no cents even if they make perfect cents to said user...in other words: "uhh negative...I am a meat popsicle"

N Sperlo, My older sister had stopped aging at 30. Unfortunately, she looks like the age she is, 38! She can deny it all she wants, but you can see it on her face, hear it in her voice and in her personality. She's turning into an cranky old woman.

I blame it on her 4 kids!

Back
Top Bottom