I'm new here, but definitely not to ep

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meetz1064

Fantastico
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm definitely new here, but not to ep. ;) I've been diagnosed with the blessed thing since the age of 13 months, and I'm 43 now. I just happened to stumble across a link to this forum via another website, and thought I would come check it out. I find the information about the gluten and dairy problems fascinating, as I do have the same problems. URG. And recipes? I'd love to get my hands on as many as possible.

I have tonic clonic seizures, :rolleyes: but they only occur in my sleep.....sometimes as I'm going to sleep, and sometimes as I'm coming out of it, but usually when I'm sleeping. I just finished switching meds (again).....Depakote ER was causing too many problems for me....Now I'm taking Topamax in it's place. I've given myself some doozies of problems with my back from the seizures over the years... so now I'm going to have to visit a back surgeon (do you hear me jumping for joy now???:roflmao::bjump::dancing2:)

I do post a lot on the WebMD Epilepsy and Fibromyalgia boards, but think I'll be hanging out here, too. This looks interesting. I'll be more than happy to share whatever I know. ;):D:)

Toodles!

Meetz

:hello: Meetz!

Nice to see someone else that can
tango in CWE!

We've got plenty of partners here!

:D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks!

Like I said, I'll be more than happy to add my 2 cents:twocents::twocents: worth (that's soooo cool!) when I can!

Thanks again,

Meetz

Hi Meetz: Welcome to the board and nice meeting you. I am on the gard diet and enjoying it. I am overweight from an underactive thyroid and it has helped me to start losing weight which I need to do. I have recipes to make cakes with substitute flours etc, but I am not using them now because I am I want to get my body back.

MY name is Riva I am will be 52 yrs old next month ,have epilepsy since I am 11 yrs old.The past 2 yrs I started on homeopathy and slowly,very slowly dropped my AEDS, until their was none. I have used acupuncture since I was 24 yrs old to help with the AEDS and side effects. I have taken herbs and vitamins to help with the side effects from the AEDS, underactive thyroid as well as homeopathy.

If your curious about any of the treatemnts I have used feel free to ask me questions.

Riva

Nice to Meetz you! LOL

This place is pretty special. There's enough information and friendly folk here that it will make your head spin!

Hi Meetz There some wonderful cookbooks that help with GFCF diets. Many websites like gfcfdiet.com have places to get started. A magazine I found recently called Living Without has many recipes too. Just be on the watch for soy and corn ingredients too. Many times they are hidden. However, you can get started by eating fresh, fruit, veg and meat. Brown rice is ok too.
I do believe it is suppose to be helpful with FM as well.

Hi Meetz, welcome to the forum. :hello:

And recipes? I'd love to get my hands on as many as possible.

Well, I just created the Recipes forum. I've got several more to post, but haven't had the time to do so yet. I am hoping that forum will grow as more people start contributing to it. :)

Make yourself at home here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom