I'm not crazy.. I know I herd robots...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Ok, I broke down and got a journal and put my observations of everything new and different my body is doing starting with the day my friend saw me have a seizure last Thursday at the park. Then yesterday I woke up and everyone in my house (I didn't leave home) and everything on tv sounded computer generated but only from my left ear. It was very scary because my babies sounded like creepy high pitched computer sounding robotic type things.... I wanted to go back to bed and never get up if I was waking up to a creepy nightmare... I had to sit and breathe and tell myself it was ok.. and I will see a doc tomorrow, but is there anyone who has experienced this before? I still can't hear very well.. in my left ear that is.

And what foods are good to avoid in general? I have many food allergies and feel like I'm getting more and more sensative to a new food each week.. but I would like to know if there is anything I should avoid? I'm sorry.. I don't know where else to go or who to ask but I am so very thankful for all who read and respond to me and my posts.

Lastly, I was walking around my car after putting my 2 year old daughter in her car seat and all of a sudden I don't remember how I got to the drivers door.. last thing I remember was strapping my daughter in and then I was at my door starting the car... anyone have an idea about that? Cause I'm freaking out just a little..

Thanks so much! Abi

Last edited:
Ok.. I'm feeling very alone... Please, is there any advice or words of encouragement for this? I feel like I'm going crazy and I can't be going crazy.. I know no one may have answers but out of 14 people who have read this not one can say "well, it's gonna be ok" Or "hmm, never herd of that, but blah blah blah".... Maybe I'm over reacting.. But I'm trying really hard not to.. I just need to know that someone herd me.. for some one to reach back.. I'm an emotional creature.. sorry.. I'm trying so hard not to freak out.. I just don't know what else to do.. this is the most safe place I can think of to come and say something.. with out feeling judged.. am I right about that?

Once again, thank you for reading and for putting up with me.. sorry I'm sorta having a hard time.. I can't really hear in my left ear and my right ear is starting to feel blocked and I'm noticing I am having a harder and harder time spelling.. witch for a dyslexic person is already frustrating.. but now even more so.. it's like all of a sudden I can't spell.. here I am rambling again.. sorry..

thanks.. again..
Abi

I don't think your crazy, but I'd your having moments of lost conciousness while getting your kid into the car please, for everyones safety, please stop driving. Go see your doc, you could be having seizures or an adverse reaction to the meds.

Your hearing issues might be seizure-related, but they could also result from blocked Eustachian tubes or damage to one of the nerves responsible for hearing -- sometimes those conditions can make things sound mechanical and buzzy. Definitely let your doc know what's going on when you see him tomorrow, and make sure to have him test your ears. Have you had any infections in the last months or so? Are you on any medications?

I agree with Abynorml -- if you're having brief moments of impaired awareness or consciousness (most likely a complex partial) you need to play it safe.

As far as foods to avoid -- it really can vary from person to person, so you may need to do some experimenting to see how you feel. It can help to stay away from stimulants such as nicotine or caffeine. Also aspartame and MSG, since those mimic excitatory neurotransmitters. If you suspect that a particular food is problematic, try slowly eliminating it from your diet, and then keep track of how you feel. Be patient -- sometimes it can take a month (or several months) to feel results, especially from something like the gluten-free diet.

Some folks have found that low-glycemic or low-carb diets (like the Modified Atkins) help as well.

Abynormal- I am not going to be driving thanks to that episode.. that was too risky for me.. Thank you ;)

Nakamova- I am already on a gluten free, dairy free, caffeine free, msg free diet.. I'm allergec LOL!! Lucky me, right? :) Also, I am not on anything except my Topamax, Tyroid meds and antidepressants and so far no issues for the last 3 months or so. I take vitamins and minerals that are all just supplements but that is really it. All are gluten free and good for me. But I have journaled it all and will be talking to my doc here in about 45 min so I'll come back with what's new... if anything is found... Nurse practitioner since doc is unable to see me.. I'm not exactly excited about this.. Thank you both for the help on this!!! Five stars each :) I just needed some one to reach back!! Thank you thank you thank you! I'm better now.. sorta lol.. hope you know what I mean!!

HUGS
Abi

Hopefullmommy- I hope you get some answers you need from the doc.good luck!

Abynormal, Nakamova and jackier- so I spoke with the nurse prac and she spoke with my doc and in conclusion they want an mri and think it's a partial absences seizure.. on top of a food allergy induced ear infection.. The doc up'd my topamax to 100mg from 75mg daily and obviously no more driving.. Oh well. welcome to the party, right? Ok.. so that's that.. Now I just need my insurance to ok that mri... should have lots of good reasons now, I hope as apposed to no medical record or need for it just a few months ago.. but they want to do another eeg and last time that landed me on the couch for 3 days straight in pain!! I don't wanna do that again.. I couldn't move or hardly eat.. let alone take care of my two babies.. Thank goodness my husband works from home or we would all starve..

Thanks for the well wishes jackier! :D

Thank you all once again :)
Abi

Back
Top Bottom