I'm still around

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Clovis

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around and doing okay, as can be expected, health wise. It's just that Feb. is a very hard month for me emotionally and I haven't felt like talking much.

Five years ago this month my oldest son was killed in an aparment fire in Chicago. Long story behind it I don't want to get into, but it was the most horrible thing I have ever had to go through. They didn't even find him til the 18th, 3 days after the fire, and he was burned so badly I had to go and give a DNA sample to be able to bring him home to put him to rest. That took 6 months. We finally got to put him to rest the 23rd of August.

Six years ago this month my SAR dog Isaac had to be put down. I know h was "just a dog" but he and I were beyond close. He was 13.

Seven years ago my husband's step Grandma passed away, she was 96 tho and didn't suffer. And 10 years ago a good friend drank himself to death at 49.

Sorry for the sadness and rambling, but like I said, hard month. Will be back to my old self soon.

God bless everyone.

Hi Clovis,

I'm so sorry to hear all that you have been through, personally I feel it's better to be open about it instead of keeping all the
emotions bottled up inside. Remember that your family is in a better place today and I wish you and your family only the best.
May God Bless You,

Sue

Sorry for the sadness and rambling, but like I said, hard month. Will be back to my old self soon.

Grieving and remembering are part of what makes us human, and there's no reason to apologize for that. I wish you peace in your grieving, and send you hugs to remind you that you are not alone.

Thank you both for the kind words, hugs and thoughts. I am starting to do better.

I have also been having a lot of trouble with my eyes lately. They get very tired and hurting after just a half hour or so on the computer or tablet so that hasn't helped with being on here either. Calling for an eye exam today.

My wife has her "hard month" during Nov-Dec. Anniversaries of her mother's and grandparent's deaths.

Thanks for saying hello even though you probably didn't feel like conversation. Hope you get back on track soon.

Back
Top Bottom