Information for a newbie ?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MUDVAYNE

New
Reaction score
Here's the question

My wife and I are starting the adoption process, and we just got a call today from our case worker telling us that every country that they do adoptions through turned us down becuase I have epilepsy and take medication. I have been seizure free for over a year, and I'm taking this hard. My wife can't have kids, and were looking to adopt to start a family.

The countries that we were turned down from are Russia, China, Columbia, kazikstan, and a few others that I can't remember.

Is this even right ??? Is this discrimination

Has anyone ever been turned down from adopting a child becuase they have epilepsy ?

I told the case worker that I am sort of taking this information personal, but she said don't let it bother you, it's just because these countries are not informed about what epilepsy is.

Let me know what you think.

MUDVAYNE

Hi Mudvane, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I've never heard of anyone having that problem before. I'm not familiar with adoption laws even in the USA, much less the rest of the world. Im' sorry I don't have any answers for you.

Back
Top Bottom