Information regarding Neurontin

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks for sharing Sue
I was on Neurontin from Nov 2009 - Nov 2010, out of all the meds I’ve been on it gave me the worse side effects and I hated it. At 1st I started on 400mg twice a day but that wasnt helping with the seizures. I had to see the neurologist mid 2010 and he asked how the neurontin was. Both mum and I told him about the issues I was having so instead of taking me if it he actually increased it to another 400mg in the afternoon which made things worse

I was in the process of waiting to do pre surgery testings so when I did go the hospital in the city for my VEEG and met the epiologist and told him what meds I was on I said I didn’t like neurontin and told him the side effects. He took me straight of it and noted not to put back on it after the veeg.

I've also taken Neurontin before. I used it along with Dilantin for a while when I only had simple partial seizures, but my doctor had me drop it because it wasn't helping.

Hi suebear,

I know when my Dr. had me on Neurontin it was the worst thing that ever happened the drug caused me to have absence status seizures where I would be out of it for 30 min to 2 hrs. this in turn caused more brain damage. My Dr. got me off the drug immediately. Then a few months later on NBC DATELINE 2 employees from the drug co. that makes Neurontin turned them in stating that the drug was being sold off market labeling and for things it wasn't even approved of, they also found out that it was triggering seizures for many people and now the drug co. has over 240 million in lawsuits for the mess this drug has caused many people. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

happy to share the information. this was an article passed along to me from another and thought it was best sharing on here since it is an AED and it can have an impact on so many persons with this opiod crisis that is taking place.

I was on this drug in the early 2000's It was the worst drug I've ever taken
It had the worst side effects. If I could join a class action suit against them I would.

I was on this drug in the early 2000's It was the worst drug I've ever taken
It had the worst side effects. If I could join a class action suit against them I would.
Same here Truegrit & I was only on it for 12 months.
I usually handle the side effects with my epilepsy meds really well but the ones with neurontin I hated. It made it worse when the old neuro increased the dose :soap:

I go to an epilepsy clinic and the neurologists I've seens there don't really like the neurotin either.

I didn't have any problems from/with side effects. My neurologist took me off of it because it wasn't affecting how many seizures I was having.

Hi Folks,

For those of you who are interested in a class action lawsuit just go on line and type in Neurontin lawsuit 2019 and you will find many different lawyers you can deal with.
Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom