Interesting day today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
So I had one heck of a day today. :soap:

All i can do is laugh though, otherwise it would be one of those all day crying things. *BOO-URNS!*

So aside from being watched like a hawk all day at work, my day was soooo odd *Just before i got off, i mumbled some jibberish and got an interesting look from a co-worker who asked if i was okay. Then when i was able to answer properly, repeated what i said to my dismay it was something about a blender?*

I like posting these things here because it gives me a spot where i can talk to people who have the same things going on. Instead of talking to my real life friends and get the odd looks cuz they never did what i have done etc.

So me and my fiancee went for sushi :tup: and i had one small absence seizure about 4 or 5 seconds long. No biggie. Then about 3 minutes later I had another that lasted 2 minutes. By this time *according to my fiancee* i was almost done eating 12 rolls, a plate of yakisoba, a bowl of miso soup and rice, and 4 peices of yam tempura. I sanpped out of it and looked around, realized what we were doing and kept eating. I couldnt remember eating! so i just kept eating and couldnt tell if i was full or not. I ate like a horse!!! :horse:

Then as we were leaving the mall i was following behind him, *again so told by him almost peeing himself laughing behind me as i write* i proceeded to mumble again, looking around dazed then....*drum roll please!:pop:* started to unbutton my blouse!!!!! right there in the mall. im only embarrassed now, could've cared less then. he pulled me aside so fast he said we could've evaporated. *probably would've have minded him none :) * he buttoned me up got me home and while walking back upstairs i became more aware of my surrondings and then got tired.

I dont think I'm getting that wool coat anytime soon...:) at least not while the hubby to be is gonna be there with me :roflmao:

I've found a sense of humor is a BIG help when dealing with E... Thank goodness your fiance was with you! I've had most of my seizures on my own, or with friends, so the embarrassment factor hasn't been too high. Once I was at a wine tasting -- I don't think I did the winery any favors by having seizure after taking a sip of their wine... :)

Ohhhh, well

at least you have a REALLY good sense of humor about it!!!! Your fiance' seems to also, and that's a good thing....

I found this incredibly funny, :) When i was young and immature my friends and i would dare each other to see how far we can make it through the mall slowly taking pieces of clothing off. So this wasn't entirely unfamiliar!

Sounds like you had a complex partial seizure. I have complex partial seizures and those last much longer than Absense seizures. When I was 6-13 or so i had Absense seizures which were real short and maybe 20sec or less. Left me confused and sort of out of it.

Sorry you day was so bad. I would definitely talk to neuro if you don't have complex partials. Usally CPs last several minutes and you sometimes can be doing things without knowing it such as eating or fidgeting with things. If you're in the middle of doing something, you keep doing it but its slower or odd looking.
I've had similar situation as far as eating. You don't realize what you have eaten or don't understand how you finished eating so fast. Kinda scary because with me, I never have chocked.. odd.

Please take care, be safe
Crystal

I found this incredibly funny, :) When i was young and immature my friends and i would dare each other to see how far we can make it through the mall slowly taking pieces of clothing off. So this wasn't entirely unfamiliar!

Lmao! :banana::roflmao: That is funny though glad your hubby was with you!

*giggle* Just wait till you put your shoes in the fridge and the milk in the closet. :)

lol. I have put keys in the fridge and the milk on top of it. Or Mr. Clean in the fridge and juice under the bathroom sink. I just attributed it to being absent minded and not paying attention but it went unnoticed til soemone else found it. These little random chats spark past memories that make me think i have had this for a long long time. Probably juvinile years?*though alot longer than i remember noticing seizures*

Oh God yeah! Or silverware down the garbage disposal and chicken bones in the dishwasher!! :roflmao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom