Inviting my self in

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowind

New
Reaction score
Hey,most folk call me crowind, live out in the middle a nowhere in the woods, just got told I have very unusual spikes on my EEG,and throwed on some dope, told I could'nt work or drive for 6 months! but that was about it, is this the norm on this kinda thing? this Dr I got dont speak to plain. he talks for 5 min and I aint understood nunna it! why cant I drive? the nearest form of civilization is 15 miles no matter what way ya go. I got plenty of deer and such out here so geuss I aint gonna starve... any body been having any a them brain shocks/zapps? what is that? I seem to daze off and loose time alot. guess thats why they aint gonna let me drive,its kinda like waking up and everybodys lookin at ya. I was passin out thats why i went to the Dr. having really bad dizzy spells. well ill make more words later.. crowind

Hey back, Crowind. Sure sounds like you are having seizures. Guess the doctor wants to protect you along with the deer. Maybe save a tree or two. Did your doctor offer any treatment other than not driving? I don't understand him telling you, that you can't work, unless you drive for your work.
I don't have seizures, but I care for someone that does. I hope that you find some suggestions here that you can use.
If you have questions don't hesitate to ask, someone will point you in the right direction.

Hi Crowind, welcome to the forum. :hello:

You can look up the driving laws for your state here. In general though, driver licenses are suspended until you go at least 6 months without a seizure.

Your missing time episodes could be either complex partial seizures or absence seizures.

Hi crowind ~ Me too. Midwest - out in the woods. 25 miles from anything.

I'm hoping to get my driving "rights' back on November 18, IF I don't have another seizure before then.

I understand how you feel and what you're going through .... it's rotten. At least I have a husband who drives out for the food.
He even buys food for the deer that line up to eat here.

Attachments

• deer stitch2.JPG
    deer stitch2.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom