Isabella's Insight

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NAS

New
Reaction score
I just bumped into this site last week. It brought tears to my eyes instantly. I have been considering what it means to me since.

My daughter Isabella Gabriella has a very complex siezure disorder. It has been 3 years in play. Up and downs, success and failure. I only wish that I had stumbled accross this site earlier in our experiences.

So, I am going to offer our personal experiences un edited and "un-sensored". I have no intention of swearing....LOL But, I know my families experiences will help others as they discover the challanges and amazing things that epilepsey brings out in people.

So,
Before I dive into the scoop... I am 38 my wife is 33. We have a total of 4 kids. Isabella is 6 (this month) Emily (eldest 8) Sarah (4), Rylan (2).
Isabella has at best guess Abnomral Complex Absance Siezure disorder showing in 4 distinct siezure forms.

Where should I start the post?

Hi NAS - Welcome to CWE.
I am glad that you have found us, and are willing to share your stories. I hope you learn from some of ours as well.

I would suggest that you begin your story in the Kitchen. Unless you want to keep it in the Nursery. That is up to you.

Others can continue to welcome you here.

Hi NAS, welcome to the forum. :hello:

You are welcome to post your story right here in the Foyer (in this thread). This is where we introduce ourselves to the community. You can also start a new thread in the Nursery or Kitchen if you prefer.

Welcome NAS,

My son (9) has a complex seizure disorder called the Lennox Gastaut syndrome. He is med resistant but his seizures are 90% controlled thanks to the ketogenic diet. You're welcome to join other parents in the Nursery.

After Carefull thought (that's what i do!)

Im going to post two, one in the kitchen and one in the nursery. Im thinking to share how epilepsey has effected our family in the kitchen, and the early medical stuff in the nursery.

I am Canadian and a resident of BC. So, you may find that some of the medical stuff is not to similar to your experience. I know if I had read some of these posts before when my daughter was just starting with her epilepsey it would help and scare the heck out of me.

For what it's worth, I gotta warn ya...

I am Canadian and a resident of BC. So, you may find that some of the medical stuff is not to similar to your experience.

Actually I'm from BC so it's one of the few times that the medical stuff might be similar to my experience.

Back
Top Bottom