It only took 3 years

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've thought about applying too. I wonder where the cut off is between "disabled" and "abled" in the government's eyes? I know that some of us work because we have to but probably shouldn't be working. Does that make sense?

Makes plenty of sense. I've had seizures on the job and busted my head open, had one while driving and ran off the road into a tree, had one at church in the bathroom and broke the ceramic sink(I have a hard head..lol). I could go on and on. I just think it would be safer for me not to work. Everyone I ask says if they deny you just keep trying. All we can do is try I guess.

congrats. i have thought of applying. but i am worried i won't know what to do with myself and may become depressed not working. will try to keep working as long as i can and keep hiding it from my employer.

Back
Top Bottom