It's happening, finally!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
After 2 long years of waiting and one year of recovering from an injury, tomorrow night I have been called into an assessment and training night with my fire station to see where I'm at with my return to duties.

If all goes to plan, I'll get a sign-off to return to full duties should my eptologist agree to it.

Unfortunately, along with the physical assessment comes my uniform assessment where I'm expecting half of my current operational uniform to fail due to the mould damage to it.

Last edited:
Here's wishing you the best of luck Pingu!
May God Bless You,

Sue

So the outcome of it was quite interesting, I passed the assessment easily (surprisingly even the uniform one - got told to soak it in vinegar and go from there), however...I'm not out of the woods yet: I didn't get a full clearance but I got an operational clearance - basically meaning I'm not station bound and I can attend incidents, as long as it doesn't involve getting on a truck or grabbing the fire hose (I've now got special markings on my uniform to state this to other stations so they know I can refuse orders).

Last edited:
So that seems a pretty decent result. How are you feeling about it?

So that seems a pretty decent result. How are you feeling about it?

I'm happy with it. Gives me 6 months to get to a level to pass the fire season testing and get back into full duties

Nice to hear good news. Congrats Pingu. :)

Back
Top Bottom