just diagnosed fear of medication

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is also where a good pharmacist comes in. They are much more versed in the good and bad of medications. Most physicians just don't keep up with all the current information.

I think this is also where a good pharmacist comes in. They are much more versed in the good and bad of medications. Most physicians just don't keep up with all the current information.

I totally agree with you on this..... my pharmacist at the clinic is the one who tends to spot my reactions... when i asked her about my ms being to long and a slight rash ... shes actually the one who told me i should stop taking the aed and to call my neuro...

love angel

Just diagnosed fear of medication reply

Hi All
I can only say what a fantastic welcome! Thank you to all of you who took the time to read my message and put such comprehensive replies! I am surprised at the amount of knowledge you all have and the in-depth options and links you have given me. It's invaluable to me and I hope I can be of help to some of you during my time on this forum.
Daisydu:p

Hi Daisy,
No doubt you will be of help, we are all in this together, sharing our experiences and resources. Glad you found us!

We're "old school",

and some of us are old fools too! :pfft:

Knowledge is the key to power. Don't be a sheep when dealing with doctors and don't be afraid to speak up. They may be educated and knowledgable but they CAN'T know everything. If they are getting kick-backs from big pharma/medical implant, then their REAL interest isn't the patient it's
8eee2ea0.gif

We're "old school",

and some of us are old fools too! :pfft:

Knowledge is the key to power. Don't be a sheep when dealing with doctors and don't be afraid to speak up. They may be educated and knowledgable but they CAN'T know everything. If they are getting kick-backs from big pharma/medical implant, then their REAL interest isn't the patient it's
8eee2ea0.gif

We need a "MR T" Icon for us "Old Fools"
with experience here!

:lol:

But it's true KNOWLEDGE IS POWER,
however, everyone is learning from
one and another - we rely on each
other. While true we don't know every
jot and tittle - but together in unity,
we become an ARMY, a CHAIN, a BOND
that cannot be BROKEN ...

WE DEPEND ON EACH OTHER.

We're almost to a point we need a
FLAG here .. something like DON'T
TREAD ON ME :?: Maybe we should
bring that old flag back to life :?:

:ponder: :idea:

I was going toxic on 125 mgs of mysoline and I called Birdy crying and she came up with a great plan and saved me from sleeping and crying and thinking I had no way out.

Whats great about the boards is we are all here to help each other with our own experiences.

We all understand !!!!!!!!!!!!

to a sz free -toxic free life to all
to quality life for all
Riva

awesome Dude! :)

Last edited:
Lamotrigine...

Hi,

I have both Keppra and Lamictal(lamotrigine) on my prescription. My neurologist was extremly carefull on the first 2 months, we gradually increased the daily dose and everything went fine. It had little effect on the seizures though but I am still taking 200 mg/day.
As for side effect, I saw none. I've even found my mind clearer compared to my previous treatment (Epitomax, really bad and especially trileptal) I've had had almost every side effect for those two:rock:

Hi Yves
Thanks for that! It helps a lot to know how other people get on with medications even though we're all individual.
Hope you're well at the moment.
D

Do your homework - check multiple sources

Hi All
this is my first time on your forum! I was recently diagnosed with TLE and have been prescribed Lamotrigine.
I have suffered from depression/panic attacks for many years and am VERY sensitive to medication. I am so scared to take the tablets and am wondering what would happen if I didn't take them.
Thanks for reading this!
Daisydu:cry:

Daisydu,

I understand your concerns. I have been fortunate that the only 'dangerous' side effects that I have had has been extreme weight gain. If I had paid better attention I would have done more homework in advance to find a way to be proactive instead of reactive :ponder:. Check multiple sources, including doctors, pharmacists, the PDR and others who have taken the Rx. Then sit down and think things through. Come up with a plan. There is a good chance that you will have to try multiple medications before the right one is found and you will have to exercise your right to know each time.

Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom