Just dropping by to say hello to my ole buddies, and anyone new off course...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TeeTees

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope everyone's keeping well. Sorry I haven't been on here for quite some time now, I just started to get a little depressed for a while.

Anyways, I wont rattle on, so as put - just wanted to drop by and say Hi to all my old buddies, and any new poeple who have come along since my last visit.

Let me know how you're doin' - I'll keep my fingers crossed it's good news. ;)

Love

TeeTees

Hi TT how is it going?

Rebecca is off all meds right now and she just had her 6th neurofeedback session. Her seizures have reduced from 6 > 2 this past month. Keeping my fingers crossed too.

I hope to hear good news from you too.

Hi TT how is it going?

Rebecca is off all meds right now and she just had her 6th neurofeedback session. Her seizures have reduced from 6 > 2 this past month. Keeping my fingers crossed too.

I hope to hear good news from you too.

WOW :dancing2: Robin - that is FANTASTIC news. I'm so glad to hear it....I REALLY am.

I'm keeping my head above water, just. I still have problems, which seem to be on the increase lately.

The only thing I can point the finger at, at the moment, is that I took a promotion in work just over a month ago to Treasury, and the 'newness' of the position, and obvious 'stress level increase' (until my confidence level is back up) has kicked me in the Epileptic Butt.

So all's a bit touch-and-go with me and my seizure life at the moment. BUT, I am soooo glad to hear Rebecca's results - that really has brightened my day.....thanks :rose:

Hi TTs, great to see you again. Stacy has also been having a good run lately. Approaching 3 months since the last seizure. (knock on wood)

f8dc1e2a.jpg

Hey there TT! We all know about hiding out. Glad to see you back!

Ha Ha!....

:roflmao:

Made me laugh BB....thanks!

Welcome back Tees!

Good seeing you again Tees

Hope everything gos well for you.

Hi TTs, great to see you again. Stacy has also been having a good run lately. Approaching 3 months since the last seizure. (knock on wood)

Thanks for all the welcome back's people - you really ARE a GREAT bunch.

^^ Bernard, that is fantastic news too....it really does make my day when I find out somebody else is 'beating the seizure demons'...even when I seem to be losing my battle - it gives me inspiration. That really is great, and I hope and pray that Stacy never has another sz again.

(((((((( TT ))))))))

<--- grabs a 3 ton ball, chain, and
padlock - and cuffs TT's ankle and
smashes keys and throws them away.

Whoops. I forgot I had to be hooded!
:paperbag:

:pfft:

Congrats on being E-free!
:agree:

Hey T - keep your chin up, I know what you are saying about the work stress. It can really take the energy right out of you and then the E finds the cracks in your protection.

"Treasury"?? Do you have an Accounting background. That is my career! Working on end of quarter this past week.

Again, keep looking up!

Tee Tees - It's good to meet you. I have only been around here for about a month. It's always fun to meet people from across the big pond. You guys talk so funny!

***Thread Hijack Alert***

Hey Buckeye - I'm trying to be an Accountant! I just finished my coursework to qualify to sit the CPA exam, and am preparing to take the first part. I have to say that this Epilepsy thing has pretty much paralyzed me with inaction. I really haven't studied, and I have not scheduled the exam (it's already paid for - I have till July). I feel like this medication has made me so stupid. I had a mini breakdown last night because I walked into the kitchen and couldn't remember why.

Did you have any memory/seizure issues taking the exam? Most of my seizures have occured while sitting in front of a computer, so the computer based exam has me a little worried. What if I have one during the test? What if I just can't remember stuff?

Any advice or encouragement is appreciated.

***And now back to the original thread***

Oh, and by the way, Tee Tees, I too am interested in the Treasury thing. What kind of job is that?

Lynn

Hey Brain, I like the way your talking about chains and ankle cuffs <interesting>.....but I think you forgot the whip, baby :whip1: ;-)

BuckeyeFan : I've been strangely directed into Accounts through my love of Math, back in the old days when I was at school...lol My forte was in Purchase Ledger where I finished as Senior AP Administrator, but the position came up for Treasury Administrator, and thought - hell, if one person can do it, then so can I.....so I took the leap. I'm kinda enjoying it, but am struggling at the moment with a few things, and the whole newness off the job. My problem is that I've come from a 'comfort zone' within AP to the 'deep end' of Treasury. I'm planning that this will eventually even itself out when I get into the job a bit more, and grow more confident with it.

LynnW : we always talk funny over here.....it's to confuse other countries :D;) Treasury involves (well, where I am it does) Petty Cash, Expenses, Payment Runs, Banking, Netting, Month End Reconciliation work, and a load of other ad-hoc stuff.....there's probably more, but I can't think of it right now. It's a pretty interesting line of work, just a little tough at the moment learning where everything goes, etc.

Sounds like a great challenge Tees. I am sure the newness is not easy, especially not until you finish your first fiscal year.

Best of Luck to you.

I almost left the company I work for after 28 years last year. I had received a better offer as a Financial Analyst with another manufacturing firm. Three days before what was to be my last day, two vice presidents called me in and counter-offered. Thus, I am now at almost 29 years. Much happier in my new position, but also dealing with the stress of some new projects.

Hope you feel better and can stay in touch.

Back
Top Bottom