Lamictal - how high a dose?

How high a dose of Lamictal or lamotrigene are you taking or have you taken?

• less than 100 mg/ day

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • 100 - 175 mg/ day

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • 200 - 275 mg/ day

Votes: 22 20.2%
  • 300 - 375 mg/ day

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • 400 - 475 mg/ day

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • 500 - 575 mg/ day

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • 600 mg/ day

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • over 600 mg/ day

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Today I got a call from my family doctor about my Lamotrigine dose. I had been expressing concern, as my wife was also, about sleep issues and other issues. Some of the other issues seem related more to the lesions in my temporal lobes than my medication. I had a neuropsychological assessment that stated my memory and cognitive issues that they discovered were in line with the lesions that I have. My neurologist has reduced my dose from 300mg to 225mg. 150mg in the morning and 75mg at night. My family doctor thought maybe taking the whole 300mg at night would be worth trying but the neurologist didn't agree.

Luckily the director that works with my neurologist accepts correspondence from patients, phone calls and emails. I expressed concern to her as I have been on 300mgs for so long and my body is used to it what if something happens? Its not as high a dose as some but a concern none the less. Do I put up with the sleep issue if I'm not having major issues. I guess lack of sleep is major enough as it can be a trigger. I seem to be experiencing a bit more muscle twitching or jerking. Nothing extreme but more frequent. I almost put a bag of popcorn in my son's lap at a movie recently.

Kind of off topic but a couple of days ago at work I sitting at my desk and I had what felt like a brief headache. It almost felt like a drill bit being driven through the side of my head and then it was gone a few minutes later.

Back
Top Bottom