Let me introduce myself

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Name is Ed, my son is 6 years old and has been diagnosed with partial seizers. It all began 1 month and 3 days ago, after a 3rd dose of Tusso XR cough medicine... doctors say it is unrelated???? It has been a rollercoaster! He is now on 100MG of TopAmax... still waiting to see if seizers stop. Need to communicate with others who are going or have gone through same. Everything is pretty foggy!

Hi DD, welcome to the forum. :hello:

3 doses of cough medicine at one time? Or according to directions?

Seizures can sometimes be brought on by fevers. Did he have a fever at the time?

In any event, make yourself at home here. Feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome DD

I don't have a child with E, but there will be replies from those who do. Hang in there. I know it's hard watcing you little boy dealing with this. He will handle it by watching YOUR reactions. If you freak, he will panic, so try to keep yourself focused.

Thanks DD,
I look forward to some diologue with other parents or adults who have or are experiencing partial seizers like my sons... I'm doing my best on the reaction level now, and so is he. Best to you.

Welcome! This group is really friendly and good at answering questions. Again, welcome. :)

Hi David's Dad -
I am a parent too. My daughter Rebecca is 16 and started having seizures 1.5 yrs ago.
I am assuming that David had a viral infection with the cough...am I correct? I have been following some other neurological issues that happened after viral infections or vaccinations. Certainly not mainstream, but something that is causing a lot of parents to see alternative help.

I hope that you find some interesting reading here. I keep learning something every day.

Welcome David's dad from another parent!
You can find the introduction to me and my 8-year old boy by clicking on my name on top of this message. The first post I did here is an introduction.

Mom of an 8-year old boy with LGS syndrome, succesfully on the ketogenic diet

Last edited:
:hello: Ed!

You'll find some parents here in
CWE, so make yourself a home!
Feel free to ask questions! And
remember, whatever you do, your
child will react to the way their
parents reacts. So keep that in
mind always!

:)

Hello David's Dad-

I know how frightening it is to watch your child have a seizure. The worst feeling is the helplessness. As hard as it is, the most important thing is to remain calm. I always rub Nicole's back and tell her it's ok. This is my second round with a child with E and it is still very hard for me. Nicole is 6 and was diagnosed in August. Make sure you get with your son's school and discuss what you want them to do if he has a seizure. Here if you don't have a written plan, they call the ambulance immediately. It's also very important that staff is seizure trained.

Hi David's Dad. My 9 year old daughter has partial seizures. She basically complains of a stomach ache and then "passes out". This has been a scary ride for us too. Can you explain what happens right before and/or during the seizures?? What time of day..etc?

I am not a parent either but i wanted to welcome you. Hopefully you have been put in touch with a good pediatric neurologist who can steer you and your son in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom