Lets get Epilepsy on TV... Here is how.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The only problem I have is that I am poor, plain and simple.

Do you know how frustrating it is for me knowing how good I am at this sport of beachtennis, but can't practice because I can't get to the beach. Having other players try to copy some of my shots ( I have made a name for myself by serving the ball really high: I call it the moonball, and often send people that ask tips on how to do the shot) is cool, and I know some of them like me. I also know how creative I am, and the great jobs I have done for three straight years. But, because I am poor, nobody is now willing to listen to me, and that part stinks.

This has nothing to do with talent, desire, or dedication. It has only to do with money, and that is the part that is making me crazy. I have been happy without money, but I do make it extremely difficult on relatives, especially my parents. They say money is the root of all evil, but having zero can cause many problems as well.

Why can't other celebrities use my ideas?

Okay, it is very clear that I will not be able to help because of how poor I am, and to be honest, after next weekend at the beach tennis tournament, if nothing positive happens, I am through (again, way too tough on my family) So, with all of these celebrities doing such great things ( I know Greg Grunberg has hosted benefits with the money raised going to finding a cure for epilpesy) why can't one of them get something positive on TV about epilepsy. An awareness campaign should not be about having us with our hand out asking for money to find a cure, because to be honest, I could care less about a cure. We need the police to better understand what epilepsy is, we need the public to understand that we cannot swallow our tongues, and we need the real stories told on TV. I mean, I have read your stories for three years, and it affected me a great deal. Why wouldn't these stories be good TV?

I am not a fan of the organizations that put finding a cure ahead of awareness, because lets face it, there is not going to be a cure for epilepsy anytime soon, no matter how much money you throw into it. However, an effective awareness campaign can be done within a year, and this would help us out immensly. So, who is going to do all of this, and who do we need to speak to.

Well, you might try contacting Jim Abrahams. He started the Charlie Foundation and produced a movie with Meryl Streep about the Ketogenic diet. If you can get a hold of him, he might be sympathetic to the issue and interested in listening to your ideas. I have no idea how to get a hold of him. I tried contacting the Charlie Foundation a long time ago (not specifically to contact Mr. Abrahams), and never got any response/reply.

I Know about Abrahams

Bernarnd,

I get info. from Abraham's quiet often also I heard they were putting together a show on one of the major networks a bout epilesy . From what I understand it may be on NBC. Because Steve Grunberg who is a star of "HEROS" also has son with epilepsy and is a strong advocate for epilepsy and they are planning a special on epilepsy awareness for television I don't know when yet! It will probabably be in November during national epilepsy awareness month!
David

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom