Let's share the small victories-New Seizure Free "Record"

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I hesitate to even type this for fear that I will curse it. Tomorrow, my son hits 18 wks seizure free, which is the longest he will have been seizure free since his diagnosis last spring. He has some aura type tingling, but not overt seizures. Let's share our small victories. What is going welll with your kids right now.

BIG congratulation! Heartfelt.....so great to hear!!!

I know the 'curse' feeling, think we all do!! No superstition allowed in my books (my books) so here goes!

2 weeks free, last T/C was super short and recovery speedy, did not know he had one (nocturnal) he just had slight med increase that he is handling real, real well :)

Glad to hear your son is doing well on the medds! I haven't told him that it's his "record" yet, but he'll be so excited when I tell him tomorrow....the officcial day of the record breaking!!

What a lovely idea. Fantastic news for both boths with seizure free weeks.
My little man has events most days but thankfully they are small we call them blips on the radar and no larger ones for awhile now. I am happy to say that after last week the last few days he has been like a pretty much normal toddler for most the day and it is these days I treasure most.

My daughter has been seizure free since Oct 12th, thank the good lord. She had several nightly for 6 months before we got control with Trileptal. Congrats to all these little ones! Even blips are better than some of the ones we have all been through, so those are successes as well!!

Yay for all the small victories!!

We're not completely seizure free yet, but heading in right direction. We've gone from having 3 tonic clonic seizures a night and up to 9 tonics daily to now being free of tonic clonics for about 5 months and going a week to 10 days between tonic seizures.

Just did another tweak to the Ketogenic Diet about 8 days ago, and no seizures since then, so hopefully we've seen the last of them!!

Today is day 7. I had nearly 6 months between my first seizures. I haven't gone 3 months since. I had a really bad day last Thursday, so I'm glad to have made it to today without anything else.

ETA Before that my last one was 10/24. Had to look it up.

Last edited:
That's wonderful news about all of your kiddos.
Here's to continued success. :D

Back
Top Bottom