LGS and infection

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vekasuiv

Reaction score
I wanted to share update from my childrens condition (LGS). I am writing this only because someone could find this helpfull. I am convinced about connection of LGS and hidden infection. So, one of my girls is at this moment seizure free more or less from Easter (cca 20 seizures to none). What happened? She reacted to azythromycin for third time (she got it due to respiratory infection). I came to conclusion that combination of events and treatments lead to cessasion of seizures; none of those is able to do this alone. 1. azythromycin 2. HIGH FEVER above 39,4 oC, 3. ehinacea 4. honey, ginger, garlic, onion 5. olea leaf extract 7. incense 8. propolis 9. ibuprofen. And she stopped eating, drinking etc - antibiotic, ear and nose drops restored this. Other girl was much better (going from cca 10 to very mild 3) but sadly seizures didnt stop (she didnt have such high fever) and at this moment they are going full power...

Hi vekasuiv, just to be clear are you saying that the antibiotic+fever+the dietary supplements were what stopped your daughter's seizures?

Yes, this is what I say. People often suggest that this is due to ketosis (not eating enough while having fever). NOT OUR CASE. Not eating/drinking could be trigger for my girls, so I am extra cerefull to give them enough calories and liquid, every few hours even during night if necessary. Hopefully she is still without visible seizures.

Back
Top Bottom