life's changing in 7 weeks...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Both you and Jen should count your blessings that you don't have to put up with the endless and endlessly-annoying U.S. presidential election season. Not as bad as surgery of course, but quite painful in its own special way...
That's funny Nak
We are getting a lot of the crap about the USA elections on telie over here, mainly Trump or Clinton lol.
I don't watch much news but watch a current affair style program with a bit of humor in it & they are often showing clips of crazy things the politicians did or said.

Both you and Jen should count your blessings that you don't have to put up with the endless and endlessly-annoying U.S. presidential election season. Not as bad as surgery of course, but quite painful in its own special way...
:roflmao::roflmao: Well, if nothing else the election is giving comedians some script material!

That's so great to hear qtowngirl!! I'm glad that life has been good after despite the effects!im sure things will only get better! I am very fortunate as I have only had 3 grand mal seizures in my life. Medication has really helped me. Doctors wanted to do surgery early on in my life when I was five or six but my parents went for a second opinion and since then I've been on carbatrol But I always get that thought what if the source of my epilepsy was handled permanently. I know it's a risk and one that scares me half to death thinking about it. I'm just so thankful to be able to function well with cd with the meds that are basically a safety net.

brandley- if your meds are working that's great, even if you have CD surgery wouldn't be an option unless a number of medications didn't work.

nak- hi babe and yes in case us canadian girls haven't stated it enough, we're so glad to live up here, and not, well... you know ;)

jen- been a long time! i've been wondering if you've heard all the news about the changes at the clinic yet?

jen- been a long time! i've been wondering if you've heard all the news about the changes at the clinic yet?

I sure have . . . what PAIN!!! Our favourite doc :( Sounds like the clinic will be in limbo for a while. I've considered asking Dr. T if I can come all the way out to PEI to see her. Have you been given a replacement neurologist yet? I haven't.

hey girl :) long talk with her a few weeks ago. the new doc will be there in august, assumingly taking over her patient list. fingers very crossed for us that it's someone even half as cool as she is!!

hey girl :) long talk with her a few weeks ago. the new doc will be there in august, assumingly taking over her patient list. fingers very crossed for us that it's someone even half as cool as she is!!

I hope she is as cool as our current one also. I will keep my fingers crossed as well and hopefully with both of us doing this our wish will be granted :)

your politics

qt, nice to hear an update! I hope life is copacetic up north. Both you and Jen should count your blessings that you don't have to put up with the endless and endlessly-annoying U.S. presidential election season. Not as bad as surgery of course, but quite painful in its own special way...

hi nak old friend! hope you're well as usual :)

your 'annoying US election' comment was back in february, 5 months ago...... can i say (on behalf of ALL canadians) that we NOW are VERY sick of it, we almost put up with the bullshit as much as you guys do. it's everywhere! 'the trump' news is consuming the world and is so tiring. yes there's still a lot of backlash about our new prime minister, but it's not the same. the president of the US runs (well, thinks he does) most that goes on in the world, not only is that not true but they don't do most that they say they will anyway. add that to a hideous hairdo from a guy that owns a reality tv show? well. i'm sure you agree with me (and my country) it's time to move on!! i don't even have cable or hardly listen to the radio and i'm sick of it.

:hugs: there, my two cents (even though we don't have pennies up here anymore :) ) love ya.

Last edited:
Glad you dropped by QT! Hope you are staying healthy and keeping out of trouble.

And yeah, I'm avoiding talking politics with my friends these days. It's exhausting and frustrating and we all know how such stressors can be triggering....

Back
Top Bottom