longest amount time your sz's been controlled

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have been seizure free since 2002, before I don't know how many I had. I likely say three or four a week. I am controlled under meds, but I continue to have auras at the most unexpected times. Highest stress periods I'm fine and all of a sudden I feel like I'm walking on air about a foot off of the ground. I'll be on medication the rest of my life due to suspected scar tissue on brain and the lack of understanding of what may have caused my seizures. The neurologist is content to leave me on lamotrigine as long as there are no issues.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
I have auras as you described them. And I feel scared and frightened when they happen.

I have never really been controlled.
With my best medication combo I was having grand mal seizures every 7-10 days, right now since they have started playing with them again I am having them every 2 days.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have auras as you described them. And I feel scared and frightened when they happen.
I don't know if I feel scared at the time it happens, more freaked out and almost think what's coming next.

I don't know if I feel scared at the time it happens, more freaked out and almost think what's coming next.

Gnault, exactly that's also the way I feel as you described it. No different from yours..."freaked out and oh no what's coming next"

Gnault, exactly that's also the way I feel as you described it. No different from yours..."freaked out and oh no what's coming next"
Annette my first name is Gilles.

I've had seizures for 9 yrs now and the longest i went without one was 2.5 months.

:piano: :pop:

6 years, and I did absolutely nothing to control them. I literally thought that I had "grown" out of it, between the ages of 18-24 I hadn't had any seizure activity then bam, tonic clonic out of the blue!

Hi there Howll, my surname is Howell.I'm sure you will enjoy your time on CWE, I sure have.
You've beaten my record of 5 years and then a tonic clonic, did they ever find out what triggered it? They didn't with me, I'd had a Temporal Lesionectomy, thought I'd beaten it, but no, back it came to torture me, and I don't even have tonic clonics!

Hi there Howll, my surname is Howell.I'm sure you will enjoy your time on CWE, I sure have.
You've beaten my record of 5 years and then a tonic clonic, did they ever find out what triggered it? They didn't with me, I'd had a Temporal Lesionectomy, thought I'd beaten it, but no, back it came to torture me, and I don't even have tonic clonics!

thank you!
No idea on the trigger. I went to a wedding party the night before which had a free bar, so needless to say I overindulged, didn't eat much and also not much sleep. However through the six years I had many occasions like that. I only got diagnosed after this latest episode. They thought it could have been hormonal before. It's odd, but I'm thankful nonetheless. I get a long warning aura too, deja vu, taste, twitching for around 45 minutes. Three times it's gone full tonic clonic, once it hasn't.

Hi, im got dignosed a week ago i still dont know much about my seizures does anyone have tips or advice to get through them, or i have been prescribed keppra and neuro has chabge
The dosage from 500 to 1500 mg twice a day brcause i have about 2-3 seizures a day any advices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom