Looking ahead to surgery, but fear is setting in.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You'll get there. If you can get through brain surgery and the recovery from that, you can do anything :)

BIGMAN, I read this whole thread from start to finish today for the first time. WOW. You have REALLY been going at it. I wonder what will happen next. I bet it is going to be good. I am thrilled for you!

It's great to hear the positive reports BIGMAN. Keep 'em coming.

Fourteen Month's and continued relief. No seizures to report. :)

Just been getting headaches on really hot days. :( I also cut my gym days to sessions of either 30 or 45 minutes. Any longer than that makes the headaches worse.

I'm halfway through the tunnel, and I can see the light peaking around the corner. :)

That is JUST GREAT!!! Not the headaches -- but all the rest. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Hey Bigman Good to hear from you Hun! Sounds like all is going well for you? I'm really pleased, it's so important to stay positive, I was a lot happier with life back then, so I managed it, but it sure helps things to go more smoothly, it's so good to hear positive upbeat news, please keep us all posted with how you are getting on ok? Take care, and keep in touch x

Thanks for the update, BIGMAN. Glad to hear 14 months and continued freedom from seizures! I hope you find a solution for the headaches. Day before yesterday I had 2 migraines (am then pm). I've never had that before. I'm hoping I can blame it on the unusual degree of heat we have been having. Over-exercise in this heat doesn't help, I agree! Best of luck to you, and looking forward to the next update :)

Just our luck eh that Temporal Lobe is the most common, and the most difficult syndrome of epilepsy to control, so it sounds as though you are doing really well, just stay positive. X

Thx all, :) I hopeful that we all can find some relief from seizures someday.

It will just time for each one of us to find the right balance to achieve it.

Keep us updated. You are a Positive Thinker. You will make it. Let us know when you get your driver's license.

Fifteen Month's and still chugging along.

The heat doesn't help :( , but the no seizures. :)

Still getting to the gym to get a decent day of exercise. :)
Got that fishin' itchin', but the weather it not right. :(

Hi you are doing great. The longer you stay seizure-free the better.

What I do for headaches and migraines is close the curtains and lie down in a dark room. I put a cold cloth on my head and usually fall asleep. It works for me.

Awesome to hear about no seizures!! How goes the fitness routine? Aside from right now and it being too darn hot for an extensive workout :p

@ Ruth, That's what I usually do when I can at home. But you can't just do that when you're out shopping. :)

@ masterjen, So far, so good. It seems like I reached a weight loss plateau. I haven't lost anymore weight recently, but I haven't gained any. I'm stuck at 240lbs. I just need to adjust my workouts better, and change my diet. :)

That's great news that you are remaining seizure free. Headaches can be a real PITA though.
I find that coconut water helps a lot. It's the hydration and electrolytes of something like Gatorade but without all the sugar and fake chemical junk.
Supposedly you can actually use coconut water in an IV bag and it will work just fine.
I've never tried that but I know that if I am having a hard time staying asleep because I feel like a seizure is around the corner, a can of coconut water puts the problem right to sleep.

I tried coconut water a couple months ago. It didn't taste to good. Maybe a different brand would taste better.

great news BM you feel well.. are the head aches like migrains?...well I off get some of that coconut water..i tried the stuff in can like lard that bit rank but water sounds good I only seen it recently

At times they can be. Usually when it's really hot & humid, or if I'm really stressed out.

that I would have problems with,i don't know what to suggest...I know when I got head ache coming on I stuff myself with cheapest sweets and lucozade but timing had to be perfect..In your case do you think blood sugar one of the reasons...another thing I have is low blood pressure could that operation done anything with bp

Back
Top Bottom