Looking ahead to surgery, but fear is setting in.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

one more day big!!!!! are you getting excited?

fingers crossed for you all day tomorrow, pls let us know as soon as you're feeling up to it k?!

:hugs: and hi-5 for becoming a surgery warrior!!

Thx all, :)

This will be my last post for at least a week. I need a detox from the web anyways. lol :)

Excited, nervous, freaked out, seco...th..s (I can't think that), hopeful, etc..

I'll be going in few hours. The "seizure free" mission starts at 730AM. Mission completes in about 6hrs.

rl9egi.jpg

Hopefully my brain can be fixed as easy as this. :)

lots of hugs and love from the forum - you're gonna kick epilepsy's ass !!!!!!!

all those feelings are good. means you're in touch with yourself and your strength, and at the same time can admit the fear. very important on this day friend, and you sound great ;)

:hugs:

Hope everything has gone well and you are healing happily.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care, Ruth :hugs:

103siuv.jpg

Well at least the better parts of me. :)

My surgeon feels the surgery went great. No problems, just very minor swelling.

I got home yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Pain & swelling has been going away nice and steady. In about a week I'll get my staples out. :)

After surgery, and couple days later pain was 8-10. :( Once I was moved to a quieter area, semiprivate room it went to down to 4-6 :)

The week in the hospital helped my get a hold onto my IBS. :) I needed to eat lightly to prevent any possible stress during recovery. Which helped to prevent unnecessary pain.
Currently I am lower my pain medicine amount, while carefully adding a little foods that "loosen the load" :) This way digestion gets back to a semi-normal state, without full on IBS attack.

Overall the procedure seemed to go well. Majority of the staff was pleasant and helpful.
Tests done before surgery and after show good results. So a one and done is a great possibility.

I'll be around here and there as I start to rest up. As I feel better, I'll post more. I can see the other end of that tunnel. I'm hoping that what I finally get to at the other end is what I'm needing (what everyone needs), a promising seizure free life after surgery.

TTYL :)

Yes, we did miss you. We have been waiting to hear from you.
I hope you are well. It sounds like you are on your way to a great recovery.

I hope that you will be seizure free for a long time.

good to hear from you Bigman. Happy to hear the good news and updates.

:crying: :) :crying: :)

SO HAPPY to hear!!!!! sounds like we had a similar after-surg beginning, i'm so happy for you. you sound really strong with a positive outlook bigman, and that is the #1 thing needed (as is listening to the post-surg rules haha).
awesome that the swelling was minor (mine not so much :() i'm so stoked for you!!!
hi-5 from me and many pats on the back (you give 'em to yourself too friend) for doing something sooooo strong!!!

:hugs:

I can see the other end of that tunnel. I'm hoping that what I finally get to at the other end is what I'm needing (what everyone needs), a promising seizure free life after surgery.
Thumbs-up on that! Glad to hear that surgery went well, and that the pain level is going down.

Great to hear the surgery went well, hope the rest of the recovery goes well.

Feeling a bit better each day. I'd say about 65% of my prior to surgery self. Looks like next Friday is the day for the staples to come out. :) Just need to take each good day as it comes. Headaches are getting more manageable. Sleep has been decent in my usual cycles. That brings some normalcy to my recovery. :) I still have a hold on my IBS while I'm getting back to a more fuller diet. The bowels gotta flow, but I need not wake the beast. :)

Wishing you a continued positive recovery; glad to hear that surgery went well!! I can relate to feeling better once I got home -- it made such a difference! I, uh, had similar issues with my tummy, and came off the pain meds as a result. Thankfully the pain was manageable after the 3rd day, other than the swelling. And like qtown, I had quite a bit. You'll get a ton of relief after the staples are out too! My husband wanted to keep mine, and put them in a Tiffany box. :p

Take care!

I'm hoping that what I finally get to at the other end is what I'm needing (what everyone needs), a promising seizure free life after surgery.

:agree: Glad to hear your surgery went well. And I, too, hope that you have a promising seizure-free life now that this scary surgery is over.

530. Maybe I should play those numbers on Friday? :)

Well the pain is getting more manageable. With the worst being a 5/6. Ice is nice for easing that, but a cold cloth is more forgiving. Come this Friday the cold cloths come out. :)

FTTB I've managed to keep the IBS beast under control. :) But it's gonna be tougher soon,
once some of my favorite foods enter the mix.

TTYL

:)

I am so happy you are getting better. My back pain is a 10 sometimes.

You are a lot better if you only have a 6 pain level. That might be the staples. :clap:

Thx, group. :)

Didn't use much ice yesterday (sunday). :) Pain wasn't too bad. :) Things looking good so far. Even though my stomach growled at me all day, the IBS beast was kept at bay. :) I was even able to eat one of my favorites: White Castle Hamburgers. Later on I had a little chocolate milk. My jaw is still a bit tight at times, but it's coming along.

Hopefully today will be even better. :)

TTYL

Back
Top Bottom