Loose job??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

smiler

New
Reaction score
I work part time as a cleaner on mornings and occasional evening. I was off work because I has several seizures.Went back and working as normal. Head Office sent me for an Occupational referal twice. My boss is still not happy with the report letter, he said I may have to go for another one. He keeps saying that Im a health and safety risk and it is an inconvenience :dontknow: Im wondering if he is trying to get rid of me? What are your views?? Luv Lynn x

At my last job, when I started getting grand mal seizures I had some at work. My boss said that I was risking my health if I continued to work there because it was a high stress job and stress can cause seizures. I told her I would be fine because my job specifically wasnt that stressful (I worked in an office enviroment.)
Over next year I had more seizures at work and damaged some company property. Then my boss told me that she is going to assign nearly all of my responsibilities to my coworkers because she thinks I have brain damage from hitting my head so much, and cant do my job anymore. I quit after that, which I think is what she wanted all along.

I think your boss is trying to get you to quit and legally he cant fire you as long as you can do your job.

I agree with Xenome. I think your boss is trying to get you to quit. Plus, remember, if you quit, you might not be able to get unemployment. You'd have to prove that you had good reason.

First of all, welcome to the forum!
Second of all, there was a recent thread about this subject...

Check out can i be sacked from my job because i have started having seizures?

Maybe there's some good stuff in there for you!

I'm sorry you're in a sitch...

Peace and Good Luck!
:rock:

If you clicked on the link above,
you will find the resources for
UNITED KINGDOM which will be
of GREAT BENEFIT for YOU as
we are in the United States.
They will be of better assistance
for you than we can over here in
USA; since the Laws are so much
different from UK and USA.