Loss

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gigi

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi all:

It has been awhile since I last posted. My Daddy died on July 13th. A good man who I will miss terribly. He was 80, and his heart was compromised, modern medicine did all they could do for him. 3 kids, 4 grand kids, and 4 great grand kids later, he lived a long and rich life. He and my Mother spent 2 weeks in N.Y. and 2 days later he was gone.
In the midst of all this I was not sleeping well, eating bad, and spending too much time in the heat. Yeah, and my ol' friend who I have not seen since 2003 paid me a visit. I had a seizure 3 nights ago, as is customary of my brain, it was as I dozed off. I let my guard down, and my brain let me know. It was a T/C, that lasted bout a minute. My husband and I spent most of the night in emergency room. I need to go back and see my doc now. They gave me extended release dilantin, did not know it existed. My electrolytes were down, so they bumped up those and gave me fluids. Lesson learned - AGAIN. I thought I was super woman, now my guard is back up. I am going to miss my Dad...

Gigi,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. He sounds like he was a wonderful man, with a big, loving family.

I'm also sorry to hear about your seizure. I'm hoping your doctor will nip that in the bud and there won't be any more. And yes, you are right. We always need to be careful of our sleep, what we eat, and drink. Otherwise it could trigger a seizure. That's a good reminder for all of us.

Gigi,

My sincere condolences to you. It must have been a tough month for you.

Please remember that in times of stress like this is the time when seizures can abruptly re-appear, so please take care of yourself now, even though you are still in mourning.

{{{HUGS}}}

My condolences, Gigi. It's always sad when we lose someone we love.

Sorry to hear about the T/C. That sucks beans. Make sure to take care of yourself. Get some rest!

My condolences as well. I second what Meetz says, look after yourself.

Also, I moved your post to Rivas memorial.

Best Wishes.

Daddy

Thanks to all for your kind words. It helps, and puts things in perspective for me. I have been numb since the seizure, but your posts brought on the tears again. Grief is hard work!! Gotta get it done, though.
Best wishes to everyone, and God's speed, whoever you deem him to be.
Regards,

gigi

Hi gigi,

My condolenences on your loss & sorry to hear about the T/C.

I am sure you will miss him Gigi. I hope that your memories will sustain you though these trying times.
For me it helps to write to the people that I miss.

goodbyes

RobinN;

Writing a letter is a good idea, I had not thought about that.
Thank you for your input.

Back
Top Bottom