Made a mistake

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

POSITIVEPERSON

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
Made a mistake yesterday and thought I was eating goats cheese and it was cows milk . 2
hrs later I was having absence sz which eventually led to a grand mal. That was scarey very scarey mistake. The GARD Diet has allowed me to get off my meds . Had I not eaten
the cows milk cheese I would have been fine. What a lesson to learn !!!! Its not going to be repeated it ,it scared the shit out of me.

My stomach is soar today to boot. PSSSST off at myself for my mistake.

Wishing everyone a sz free life

Riva

(((hugs)))

May it be the last lesson you need to learn for seizure control.

THANK YOU !!!
I should have checked the container myself than trust the (college) sales girl at Trader
Joes. I bought Mediterrrian CHeese thinking it was goats cheese when it was cows milk. After eating a bit of it on an apple I got sick . It sure doesn't take much to trigger my szs. Thats what makes the diet interesting too .

thanks for the support
Riva

Oh Riva! Better keep a closer eye on those labels! Don't want that happening again. You have been doing so good.

It's kind of what happened with Scott. He's on the ketogenic diet and had eaten pineapple sweatened with sugar. He went into seizures too.

Something so SIMPLE causes such a problem!:eek:

((((hugs))))

Do you have Chron's Disease?

My son has it. I hope you feel better
and soon, Riva!

No not that I know of?????? I was having stomach problems befroe I started this diet , than everything quieted down with the diet until I made the mistake yesterday.

But I will not repeat that again . My stomach is calming down again and plan to go back to normal . NO MEDS, HOmeopathy and the GARD DIET it works for me.

Riva

Sorry to hear about you having the seizures PP.

I'm not actualy sure what homeopathy is but is it something to do with the diet you're on?
Do you usualy have to check the packets carefuly each time to make sure they don't have certain products in them?

Some people actually do pretty good on
the GARD diet and have great results, but
if you have digestive disorders or problems,
then it isn't for you. But I know for a fact,
it does work, but it does go over my head as
why the Neuroscience won't look into it.

A lot that I eat is extremely similar into the
GARD diet. And they noticed that on
my vEEG's from last year, as I had no diet
restrictions at all, free to choose and elect
as I desired. They were monitoring my eating
habits as well. They even added to my food
tray things I did NOT order, and :lol: I even
complained about it - first thinking they had
brought in someone else's food, and I didn't
touch it, because I don't eat that stuff, but
my mom adores that stuff - she ate it!
:D

I've been told numerous times my diet was
very good, but they want me to eat more
protein, which I have and it had helped a lot
in reducing the seizures, not completely. But
the other Nurse was concerned, because I do
not eat very much. My mom has always stated
I never was much of an eater, but always had
a lot of energy.

Gosh Riva! I sure hope that is the last lesson you need to learn. I've had to learn a few myself. Big hugs and a squeeeeeez.

My husband was with me and we were food shopping, the college student actually told us that was goats milk cheese. While I was eating it I looked at the container and their was a cow on it. I got scared I was off meds, that was not funny it took 2 hrs for the absences to start.

Honestly I love the diet, my stomach feels so much better. I am off AEDS and my szs are controled,and I am finally loseing weight. Normally I wake up having szs thru out the day. But yesterday I got sick after I ate which is not normal for me.

Thanks for all your good wishes, I am going to be super careful now!!!!!!

Riva

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom