Magnetic fields and epilepsy

Magnetic fields and epilepsy

• Inside

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Outside

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Kyla

New
Reaction score
There's a study going on about the affects of magnetic fields on the human brain. It suggests that the electricity from your house creates a magnetic field around your house which could have affects on your body. So I thought to myself what the affects would be for someone with epilepsy (does this magnetic field lower the seizure threshold?). So my question is, do you generally feel better inside (a house, building, etc) or outside? I understand that people will have seizures both inside and outside, but I guess what I'm trying to ask if you notice any different seizure patterns from when you'e inside or outside (more auras, more likely to have a seizure).

I wish I could go more into detail about the study but it's being done right now so there's not much to say about it. But what are you thoughts on it?

Last edited:
All my major seizures have been inside. I have had seizures outside but rarely, no idea how that would correlate. I'll have to keep track now, see if I notice any major differences.

I've had major TCs inside AND outside my home while out on walks. But I definitely feel better outside.

It seems like you are wanting to know if we see a difference in our seizure patterns related to being indoors or outdoors, right? Not just where do we feel better in general, which is pretty much what you state in your question. As far as my seizures, I have them both inside and outside with, I would think, about equal frequency, so I would have liked to have a third choice in the poll saying "no difference". Do you think you might want to reword your question and add that third response? It might make the poll results a little more meaningful.

I tried to add on to the question for some clarification. I will try to add a third poll once I figure out how (how do you add a third poll?)

I have tonic clonic sz's inside and outside.I have complex partial inside and outside.

My E is indiscriminate, like indoor/outdoor carpeting.

Lke P-Funk, mine is indiscriminate. I like putting it that way. ;)

I've got a EMF gauge that I use and you'd be surprised at how little it may vary from inside and outside. Being next to a fuze box may be one thing, but once you get a few feet away, there is a huge difference.

And I would assume the power used would be higher of that which you would encounter in or around the house.

I used to have more frequent partials inside, totally. But now my T/C's are anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom