making myself laugh

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I'm watching an Adam Sandler movie, 50 first dates, and I believe that if I were to ever start dating again, I would have him watch that movie and warn him that's what he'll be getting into, everyday it'll be "Who are you?" "Huh, I don't remember you at all."

I'd probably make him wear a Hello My Name Is sticker with his name (of course) along with where I met him, who in my family knows about him, how old he is, and how long I've known him. I would have to have a picture of him and a family member to remind me of who he is every morning/night (I don't even how long it would probably take me to recognize and remember him.) And I would then be told some embarrassing but very funny stories about any time we spent together, since that's what I get from my nieces and nephews when ever I see them. And the way my nieces and nephews tell me them, I can be pretty dang funny during a seizure!

Last edited:
I think everyone should wear a name tag. Since I hardly remember anyone when they come up and say hi I just say "Hi, who are you?" They might give me an odd look but tell me who they are and how we know each other.

When I had my first seizure I had no clue who the guy was that I was dating. I asked my friend who the guy was that was coming to the hospital every day saying he love me and giving me a kiss and she told me that he was my boyfriend that I've been seeing fore over a year. The relationship only lasted a few months after I got out of the hospital. I told him that it was just too hard to get together because I had to move back home with my parents and they lived about an hour away from him. I still don't remember a thing about dating him and he doesn't know about that.

My husband's biggest fear is that is going to happen with him. He's scared to death that I'm going to come out of a seizure and have no clue who he is.

A lot of times when I come out of a seizure I'll know the cat's names but I don't know who he is. I know he should be there but not his name. After I'm completely out of the seizure and back to normal I know who he is and everything about him, as much that is left in my brain. We've been together for 10 years and that's a lot to keep up there when your brain doesn't work to good in general.

I lost a girl because of that, we had been together for 3 years at point and I forgot who she was when i first developed epilepsy. but I am really bad at long term relationships.

Back
Top Bottom